1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexual Dreams: Why do they happen so rarely in my case?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by jsmurf, Nov 16, 2012.

1. jsmurf

I have them so rarely it seems like once every few years. :frowning2:

But I just had one last night... it was very refreshing... awoke from seeing in vivid detail what looked like a naked Ricky Ullman 'choking the chicken' with two other toned tanned sexy guys sitting at his right and left on a couch. Following the moment after they climaxed, I gently opened my eyes. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

What could I do to induce these kinds of dreams more often?

2. BudderMC

For what it's worth, I consider myself to have a fairly high (or average, at least) sex drive, and I think I've had maybe 1 sexual dream in my lifetime. Granted it was really good, but it's not something I've experienced much.

Or maybe we're both just anomalies in this case...

3. jsmurf

Yeah, I have a pretty high sex drive too, at least no lower than when I was a teen... And 'pleasant' dreams such as this are at best a seldom occurrence. :wink:

---------- Post added 16th Nov 2012 at 12:13 PM ----------

Could it be that there's a "guilt filter" deep in our subconscious mind that accounts for this?

4. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Stop masturbating and you'll have them.

Wet dreams are the body's natural response to excess semen. It's a nocturnal emission so that new sperm can be produced.

If the body never needs to eject the semen due to no excess, they won't occur.

All the best.

5. jsmurf

There was no emission this morning, just a flurry of excitement emotionally. And I had wanked before falling asleep. So I'm not sure that withholding on that is going to change it. :/

6. Zaio

Zaio Guest

There isn't always emission when a wet dream occurs, although usually there is.

If you had masturbated then it was probably just a vivid dream, but if you do wish to experience wet dreams more frequently then quitting masturbating will definitely cause them to happen.

Although personally I don't think it's worth it, lol.

7. jsmurf

I don't think it's even possible in my case.. Almost as daunting as not eating for a month, lol.. :confused:

8. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sexual repression. It works for me anyway and I have alot more sex dreams than on average. (sometimes days in a row) xD

9. Gen

Gen

However, we have to remember that 'wet dreams' being automatically connected to sexual dreams or drive is a myth. It could only slightly raise the probability of having a sexual themed dream, in that if your body did have a surplus of semen than you most likely wouldnt have had any sexual contact in a while, thus you would probably be more "horny". Otherwise the likelihood isnt any greater.

Anyway, I am just like you. Though I might not count because my dreams are generally very boring or just non-existant lol.

10. Sherri

Interesting. I don't have them ever either. I can count the number I've had in my entire life on one hand, and I have a high sex drive, especially for a female.

Like Gen, I simply never have dreams that make sense most of the time. If I dream, I usually don't remember it. On the rare occasion I remember it, it's total nonsense. In fact, the only dreams that have ever stuck out to me are the rare ones where I knew the people in them (maybe once or twice in my life) or the ones where I get killed in some way (used to happen often enough when I was a teen, not so much now).

11. Alan Lewrie

Lol, indeed. :grin:

They are rare when it comes to being spontaneous, but when you lucid dream a few times a month you can do whatever you want in them. :slight_smile:

I'd suggest keeping a dream journal, this will increase you ability to recall dreams, and also give you the knowledge to recognise yourself as dreaming. I can give you some links to Lucid Dreaming how-to guides if you'd like. It took me awhile to start having them, almost a year, but it has paid off. Who needs powerful hallucinogens when you can do whatever you want in a dream?

12. Emberstone

everyone dreams differently.

I haven't had a nightmere in years, but I know people who have 1-2 a week.

it doesnt really mean anything, because everyone is different.

13. canuck

Mine happen as a reflection of things going on in my life. I have a friend who knows all about dream interpretation and I tell her all about my dreams. Apparently I only have sexual dreams when I'm getting over someone. Worst time ever too. It isn't fun to finally get a woman out of your head and the next thing you know you are waking up remembering a sweaty session with her in your dream.

14. Alan Lewrie

I've always enjoyed nightmares, like it's my own personal horror movie. Maybe if I enjoy them they can't be properly classified as nightmares? When I was much younger I wasn't able to look at it in this light, and was scared shitless.

15. Gen

Gen

Oh I would like to added that if you get good enough you can learn to realize you are dreaming and manipulate it to your advantage for a short period of time.

Specifically, there is a brief period of time, before your body will naturally wake up, that you will regain most of your conscious mind back, which is why you usually only realizing you are dreaming right before you wake up in the morning. Use these few seconds/minutes and go wild. Jump whoevers bones you see :lol:.

Just be sure that your dream is crazy enough that you are sure it is a dream. That would be an extremely problematic mistake.....

16. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Ugh I used to hate getting wet dreams if I didn't ejaculate for a while. What a mess. :confused:

(Also something I noticed, when I used to take anti-depressants every day, if I missed a pill even one day, I would be guaranteed to have a wet dream that night.)

Actually I kinda afraid of dreams in general, I fear going to sleep, and I don't even really have nightmares, just weird situations that freak me out. Though in the mornings I get pissed when I am woken up in the middle of a dream and don't get to see it to the end.

17. jsmurf

Speaking of antidepressants, I'm starting Effexor tomorrow (for my moderate depression and Generalized Anxiety Disorder). Hope it doesn't screw things up down there, as many people tend to report. :S

But yeah, wet dreams only happened to me when I was 13. And one thing that is constant in my dreams is regardless of the content/subject matter, I'm ALWAYS the observer, never the active participant in the dream world.

#17 jsmurf, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  18. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Well anti-depressants are supposed to decrease libido and make it more difficult to get erections and orgasm and such I think. But I didn't really have that problem too bad, the only real problem was it caused me to put on weight. :confused:

I was taking an SSRI rather than a SNRI though.

I wonder why that is the case. I don't think I've ever heard a "sexual dream" as an observer...

19. jsmurf

Yeah, like this dream I recently had, where I just "observed" other guys wanking each other...but there was a sense that i was observing them in the same room (but without them paying any attention to me). The few times I had sexual dreams in high school and college, it involved guys I knew going to the locker-room and undressing. One dream I had two years ago was seeing a topless female Mermaid sitting atop a smooth marble stone and glimmering in neon colors, but seeming inert and insouciant otherwise

#19 jsmurf, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  20. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I always have sexual dreams. Like every week.,