1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is something wrong? (Should I worry?)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by yesthisistim, Nov 17, 2012.

1. yesthisistim

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know this sounds random, but when I sit with my legs crossed, like on the floor, my right leg goes numb and I get pins and needles, and it feels as if my right testicle moves out of place, and feels VERY uncomfortable. Is this normal? If not is something wrong, and should I be worried?

2. Sherri

Honestly, there are so many things that can cause poor blood circulation (which is what causes your limbs to go all numb/pins & needles like that) that it would be nigh impossible for us to tell you what even might be causing yours. If you're very concerned about it and it's persistent, you might try talking to a physician about it. Though most of the doctors I know would just give you a general check-up and tell you there's nothing wrong with you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Perhaps, though, you have access to better doctors xD.

3. Joey4

Well.. Where is it that you cross your legs, at the knees or the ankles? Or do you have an ankle up on your knee? How long into having them crossed do they go numb?

4. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it's only one particular position causing this, you are probably blocking circulation. Everyone's blood vessels are unique (though there are general patterns), and it's probably not a big deal. For example, I know that if I am going to be in my car for a while, I absolutely MUST take my wallet out of my pocket, or else my right leg will be numb, as my wallet puts pressure on just the right spot to reduce my blood flow in that leg. Also, I have a couple positions I can't sleep in, or I end up with numb arms, for the same reason. (one of the reasons I generally can't wear a shirt to bed)

5. Odahingum

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a liquid cyst just above my right testicle, and it sometimes makes the whole testicle move out of position (i.e. upwards and forwards) when I have an erection. My urologist assured me it was only composed of dead sperm cells and it was harmless, but if it continues being this uncomfortable I may eventually need to have it removed.
    The cyst, not the testicle.

6. yesthisistim

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thts actually interessting, because when I was about 10, I was rushed into hospitol as they thought I had a twisted testicle, it turned out to be a cist, and ever since I've been having this issue! Could it be related?!

7. Odahingum

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's probably related, but I'm no doctor. Go see one. If he orders an ultrasound (as was my case), they'll be able to confirm what's in there.