1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rope Burn

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Greendalehumans, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Greendalehumans

Alright so I went on a retreat with my youth group this weekend and it didn't end quite so well. I went on this thing called the flying squirrel. Basically you're strapped into a harness and attached to a rope that the other people pull on to make you shoot up into the air. Well there's a rope/wire running between two trees that shops you at the top. Like this:
    [​IMG]

Well I don't weigh very much and they pulled too hard so I went and flipped over the top and got caught on the ropes (there were two) on my neck and my leg. So now I've got a rope burn on my neck and a bit of a welt on my leg. It's all been cleaned and iced but is there anything else I can do to help it heal and take away the pain? I can barely move my neck :/

2. KaraBulut

A rope burn is a type of friction burn. There are generally two things that you should do for burns- keep it clean and keep it covered to prevent infection.

There are first aid ointments that are labeled as being for burns or sunburns that contain an anesthetic agent that help numb the stinging sensation. You can apply the ointment before applying a non-adhesive bandage.

3. cemma

Also you can get like a latex covering- in NZ it's called op-site, its really good like a second skin or if you can't get that perhaps just blister/burn bandaids but its probs not likely they will cover it.

4. Greendalehumans

Thanks for the replies :slight_smile:
    I've been keeping it clean, icing it, and taking ibuprofen so it's not too bad. Unfortunately I'm also sore all over my body from games and things before this little incident. I'm so out of shape! Anyways, thanks!