1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this is about my friend not me idk what to do please help!!!!>.<

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Nickygirl, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Nickygirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    my friend is getting abused by her mom and stepdad.. she is constantly coming to school with bruises from them beating her.. when she has an asma attack and the nurse calls them they tell her shes faking it for attention and to go to class. recently its getting worse. she has knee problems and her knee gave out on friday during post session. turns out she sprained her ankle really bad and she was limping everywhere and her parents still made her carry a ton of wood to her house for her dad which sprained it even more. and then on mon they beat her i don't even know why and she came to school covered in bruises from that. me and one of her other friends were very very worried about her so we went to guidance and told them even though she told us not to. we didn't know what to do we love her we cant just not do anything while her parents are constantly abusing her. when guidance called her down she lied saying the bruises were just from carrying the wood on sun even though we(her friends) all know the bruises weren't there on mon but were there on tues and she told us all what happened. because she lied they didn't tell CPS or anything and now shes really pissed and wont talk to either of us at all... i don't know what to do i want to help her but i don't know how. this has been going on for years and im so worried about her.. i thought about calling CPS myself but im afraid she'll only lie again... any advice? please?:bang::help::tears:

2. Doku

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thought this might be useful, as I don't know what CPS is. Otherwise I suggest googling for help.

3. aeva

Doku, CPS is Child Protective Services, the government agency that's in charge of child abuse cases.

I've been in her situation, and I understand her hesitance. If CPS does get involved, and they don't find evidence of abuse, her parents may hurt her even more severely. My step-mom still makes fun of me because my best friend calling CPS on my dad 14 years ago..and I don't even live with them anymore. She has to admit what's going on, so I would say just keep trying to convince her that she needs help.

I have a 24 year old friend that still gets abused by her mother on a daily basis. No matter what I or her other friends say, no matter how many times the cops get called to her house, no matter how many times I offer her a place to stay, she still won't leave.

Nobody really teaches you how to deal with a situation like that, so I would just support her, reach out to the resources you have, and continue trying to convince her that she needs help.

You sound like a great friend to be so concerned for her, and trying to do what's best. Don't give up!

4. flymetothemoon

You can actually call in a report anonymously to CPS yourself and let them know that you heard directly from her that the bruises came from abuse.