1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weight loss & vitamins, supplements, etc

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by theMaverick, Nov 21, 2012.

1. theMaverick

Well I'm trying to lose weight, so I was wondering if vitamins or any kind of supplements would help? I don't take any vitamins or supplements at this time.

2. Ridiculous

Very unlikely to help weight loss... if you can't lose weight because of a deficiency of some kind (which I've never heard of before) then that isn't something that can be diagnosed on the Internet. You'd have to go to a doctor and get tests done to see if you are deficient.

3. nah i dont think so.

just eat healthy then you wont need to take vitamin supplements.

4. caramba2654

Yeah. Cereal, salad, pasta, meat, milk, eggs and fruits are sure to give you all the things you need to survive. Besides, they're very cheap.

If you're trying to lose weight, then I'd recommend cutting down the carbohydrates. Therefore you should eat less potatoes, bread, pasta, and eat more olive oil and whole-grain rice.

But that's the basic. I'd still recommend seeing a nutritionist about it.

5. Bree

You can take metabolism boosters, however. Your metabolism slows down when you keep trying to lose weight, and taking something to stimulate it can help. I like Lean+ or Abs+ by Genuine Health--all-natural products.

6. theMaverick

Okay - - I'll look into it.

7. KaraBulut

There's not really any supplements or vitamins that accomplish anything beyond dehydration.

There's really only two ways to lose weight- working out and eating sensibly.

8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    A strategy that is being positive for me so far is keeping an exercise and food log. You write down everything you eat, and all the work outs you do. In as much detail as you can. The goal here is not to have bad things to put on your list.

Dieting is not the point. I don't limit what I eat. I just try to make smart choices when I do it. A candy bar is sweet. But so is an apple. Keeping a list holds you accountable. If you have a venti whole milk mocha from Starbucks, you have to put that on the list. You could also just have orange juice instead.

Similarly, with exercise, you don't want to go super hard. Just got Galloway's Book on Running. That's like the first thing he recommends not doing. You have to ease into an exercise program gradually. It's about making the time. Not putting in the "high effort." At competitive levels, it matters. But from a beginning trainee perspective, it's more about developing that good base of discipline, sticktoitiveness, and good form for the exercises you do.

Vitamins don't do a damn thing except correct deficiencies.