1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Men's waist size

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Alexander69, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Alexander69

Ok so now that I'm back down to 148 lbs my waist size is a size 28 I still feel that's way to big I'm 5'8 17 years old (pretty much 18 years old November 30 is my birthday) beta waist size should I aim for?

2. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    28 is very small. You don't need to aim any lower unless you want to look sick.

3. Alexander69

I just feel like I can get smaller.see when I look at myself in the mirror I think I look morbidly obese.... I know I'm not and I don't know why I see myself like this? I want to cry all the time I don't feel good enough and it hurts I always feel like I'm so so fat my shirt size are designer small or XS and even though I know that means I'm thin I still feel like I'm not! I hate it I act like I'm comfortable on the outside but inside I'm dying. Like today I went to a fancy restaurant for lunch with my friend all I are was a spinach salad with a lemon vinaigrette and balsamic glaze. And I couldn't even finish eating a small salad with out felling I are to much. I think I ate maybe 800 cals max today. UGH FML

4. Alan Lewrie

Damn dude, I'm 6" and 190/195 looks about right on me... that's not what I'm at right now, mind, but I'd say you are doing more than absolutely fine weight wise. You certainly aren't obese or overweight!

5. Gen

Gen

Sometimes I can come across as brutal so know that I dont mean any harm, but really Alex, at some point you have to take control of your obsessions.

I dont mean to offend anyone who is alittle more bony, but I have yet to men a man, or women for that matter, that goes crazy for stick figures. Especially, in regards to waste size. We are humans we should have thighs that are bigger than our angles and an extra bit of matter on our behinds. Embrace it.

I'm 5-5, 150. waist 32-ish. Though my waist is actually smaller, but some of my ethnic genes gave me a little bit more "back" lol. Anyway, I'm not fat. Hell, in build, I am hardly average.(Borderline fun-sized these days :confused:). Point in case, stop allowing yourself to believe that skinny will make you pretty. You dont need the scale to make yourself feel appealing.

I understand that you dont seem to come from the most forgiving family when it comes to appearance belief, but there comes a time when we have to take responsibility for our lifes and learn to love ourself, by ourselfs if we must.

6. Alexander69

I hate myself I'm a rude mean selfish person and I know I am and I know I care about appearance and weight and its terrible that I do focus on this stuff and I HATE it but no one here understands how hard it is to change a lifestyle do you think I want to be like this be a bitch a selfish mean snooty gay boy? I try and I try and I try to have people accept me I guess I figure if I look good and stay thin me being gay won't be as big of an issue at least I hope and I pray that that will help. That people will focus on my looks my clothes rather then "me" my sexuality my attitude. I hate the person I am I cry every night I don't have any real friends, people hate me and I never feel good enough for anyone I feel like I'm disposable like I'm nothing and if I look a certain way that then makes me a someone. When i was younger and when I got fat my mother didn't take me out in public she was embarrassed of me. Oh but she always took my brother out he was fit skinny good looking didn't have to try hard to catch people's eye, then there was little old me fat ugly a spec of dust a nothing I was ignored people thought I was ugly I had a nose job done. When I lost weight and I started looking good wearing designer clothing my mother took me every were, took me to meet her friends my fathers dinner parties. No one understands if I get fat no one will love me ill be this fat gay guy home alone no one likes him. This was hard for me to post so ya this has meaning to it please don't make fun of me

7. Skyline

Forgive my use of the following popular internet meme but,

Keep clam and love yourself.

That's all I have to say.

8. Lad123

At least you can gain weight unlike me and some others who just can't seem to or find it difficult. Whenever I'm in town and see all the guys who have a normal build I get so jealous its not even funny. I always think 'why can't I look like that?!' Sure, there is a perception of slim=better in terms of the media but in reality it is a turn off when people are stick-thin. So just appreciate that you have the option to gain weight and to diet.

Anyways a 28 waist is already really slim and you should be happy with this size. I have a 26 waist and 30 hips. I find it disgusting, I look way too skinny and its not like I want to be this size, I have no choice!!! I can barely find any trousers that fit me. Count yourself lucky.

9. theMaverick

Not to hijack this thread, but as someone who is overweight and attempting to lose, weight, what is a normal waist size? I'm 5'10". Maybe a medium or large size frame?

10. BudderMC

^ depends on how overweight/how much weight you're losing.

I'm about the same height as you and I was probably in the realm of 270-280 lbs a couple of years ago, and my waist was probably... 40ish +/- 2, depending on the pair of pants (I never formally measured myself). I've since lost weight and am now sitting around 180lbs and my waist is 34ish +/- 2 (again, depending on the pair of pants).

I also haven't been properly working out or anything, just started eating better and more regularly.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I probably prefer my pants more loose than tight, so it's more likely to be on the lower end of those spectrums for me, but I digress.

11. Lad123

I think a normal waist size is like 32-34?

12. Ticklish Fish

I am like 19 and wear children's large size...
    be happy you can wear an adult small or something

13. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    From the people I know who are in your age range, Alexander, 28 to 32 or 34 seems to be about average. Anything below 28 is really, really small and likely underweight.

14. Colours

5'9 here with a 31 waist.

Can't believe you want to be thinner... I'm happy with my size, people always joke about how fat I am not. Whenever I say I want to go on a diet or eat healthy (out of health reasons, not because of my weight) they're like: but you're already so thin!

Don't mean to offend you, but I don't think it's healthy wanting to be thinner than you already are.

15. Alexander69

How do I put this.... Look when I talk about "Me" and I mean "me" I am mean ad destructive to my self and myself esteem. When I talk about not wanting to get fat I don't mean to I sult anyone infact I prefer men with a waist size 32-34. And my waist is size 26 my hips I guess are size 28. To me that is stil fat. The perception I have to my body is aweful. Everything in my life has added up to me feeling this way. I'm not happy with my life an I guess I take it out on myself because I can and no one can stop me. someone who is 6' or 5'11, 5'9 if you weigh 170-190 I don think your fat at all I find that sexy body I've seen guys who weigh 190 at 5'8 and I would have never guessed they weighed that much infact they were sexy. I attack myself and that's my fault I don't know how to stop how to be happy with me.

16. Ticklish Fish

omg, stop being hard on your body. For one, it's easier for others to see change in you than you see yourself.

here's a question for yourself, if you think you might still be fat, do you think you are healthy and can cause problems later on?

17. Jared

That sounds right to me. A 26/28 waist is really small. I'm 6'3" and about 200lbs, though most people think I weigh 160-170lbs, and I've got a 31-32 inch waist. With a waist as small as yours there is no way in hell that you are fat and need to lose weight, gaining weight might actually be good for you. You seem to have a really bad case of body dysmorphia and it might be a good idea to see a counselor who specializes in eating disorders and the body dysmorlhia that goes along with it. I think it would really help you.

18. Alexander69

I know I do I HATE IT it's so stressful I starve myself.... Ugh!

19. jaysuss

Don't aim any smaller its a mistake I have made and I am still living with the consequences. I'm 6'2" at 160 pounds and a size 28 waist. I have joint problems because of malnutrition. Please don't try to go any smaller. Learn from me and keep eating it feels much better.

20. Alexander69

I'm so sorry :frowning2: I don't know what to DO! It's so hard! UGH