1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I be taking vitimins

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Gazza123, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Well should I?

You know capsules big supermarkets sell that are like multivitamin or omega three or stuff. Are they actually beneficial?

2. CTJ

CTJ

Theyre not actually regulated by food agencies, so theres no guarantee you're getting what the bottle says. You can get all you need by eating the right foods, theres no need to waste money on them.

3. caramba2654

Yeah, they're overly expensive and dull. Besides, there are a lot of other foods that provide lots of vitamin. Cereals and chocolate milk powder, for example. You just need to search.

4. if youre having an exam in a few days take omega 3 otherwise dont bother :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

if everyone got sick from not taking vitamins, pretty sure vitamin sales would be sky high...

5. PurpleCrab

Depends of your needs and how you eat.

If your needs are quite high, say you study long nights and work out a lot but you can't afford the nutrition that covers that, you could go talk to a pharmacist and ask what they think would help you.

Also if you have a problem, like lack of energy, bad skin, trouble focusing and such is a good start to look for the right supplement for you.

Tips:
    - Honey has the characteristics that if you take a little everyday it will not only give you lots of good sugars, it will also fill up mild deficiencies you could have in vitamins/minerals and your body flushes away the rest (which means no build up).
    -Soy milk is a great base for smoothies and with a few other ingredients it makes you a shake that is also a very nutritious meal. It's full of calcium and other stuff that your body can take very easily too and much healthier than the meal-shakes they sell commercially.
    -Just a spoon of good oil, that means vegetal uncooked, unheated oil per day fills a lot of your body's need for fats. It also helps your body to process/get rid of the bad fat that you have. You can mix that oil with a bit of vinegar and herbs and you get a nice salad dressing; or you can add that spoon of oil to your smoothies, making them creamier. Olive oil is very tasty but there are other oils that works just as good and have more discreet flavors like canola.

What I do is I generally keep a bottle of the multivitamins that are best for me and I take one the days that my nutrition isn't as good. It does make a huge difference in my energy levels and in other things.

6. rday13

rday13 Guest

If you eat a balanced diet (lots of colorful veggies and fruits amidst other things) that follows a local/national food guide, you should be ok. I wouldn't recommend vitamins unless you've got a nutrient deficiency; overdosing on vitamins just causes your body to excrete them.

7. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree. For your health to be it's best, your plate should be a rainbow.

8. ameliawesome

if you're in poor health or get sick easily or don't eat nutritious foods, then sure. otherwise they're a waste of money and you'll literally pee most of it out.