1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

work outs

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by darkestknight, Feb 14, 2008.

1. darkestknight

hey there,

Currently in my college, I will be doing a lot of those workshop things like drilling and anything that requires a lot of raw strength.

So, of course, the best way to give myself some more strength is work outs.

I'm now lifting 20 pound dumb bells, progressing from 15 pound with almost 12 repetitions. Pushups - well, can say 13 reps with my chest slammed onto the ground. Am I doing progress here?

But the gym is too far from my place and is almost inaccessible. Well, I gotta do it at home.

And also, do these protein supplements/shakes/whatever actually help? 6 times meals a day seems difficult for my hectic college life. :grin:

2. Alexander

Protein supplements can only work if you already have a balanced diet. The body needs fats, starches, fibers, and proteins to make muscle grow. The best thing you can do is make sure you eat right instead of worrying about supplementing right now.

3. sdc91

I just got some CellTech 3 days ago. I've used it three times and I see a bit more definition in my arms. I also just got some MuscleMilk protein in today but I don't know how it works yet. If you have $40 I'd recommend the CellTech (fruit punch is ok) if you want creatine. However, it has 75g sugar per serving (and tastes super sweet to the point of almost being abrasive) and you HAVE to drink lots of water afterward. I went to the bathroom 11 times in 3 hours the first time I had it because I kept drinking water.

As far as home workouts:
    Pushups - Great for your arms and chest. Put hands at different distances to target different muscles. Closer targets triceps, farther apart targets your chest. Once they get easy, you can prop your feet up on a chair to make it more difficult.
    Pullups - Good to do if you have a bar (or anything to hang off of, I use the edge of my loft bed frame). Do them overhand and underhand.
    Situps/Crunches - Great for your abs. Just do them regularly then to the left and right to work obliques
    Leg Raises - Work great to tone lower abs

etc.

You can do squats and tricep extensions and other stuff with dumbbells, too.

4. Stevie J

you should workout you triceps too. if you don't the shape of your arm will look weird

try setting up 2 chairs across from eachother. prop your fett up on one and hand on the other. lower yourself down the space inbetween them bending your elbows toward the back of the chair your arms are on.
    also if you have a long bench: put one leg and arm (on the same side of your body) up on the bench and kind of get in a doggy position. with the dumbel streched toward the ground, curle your arm up making a 90degree shape so your tricep becomes parallel to your body.
    or: in the same position as the above workout, start with your arm in the 90degree position and straighten your arm backward so the entire thing run parallel with your body.

5. Jeimuzu

I'm doing cardio stuff at the moment. I do the bikes, the rowing machines, and the kayak things.

6. shaun

If your goal is to build muscle, just eat more meat and cut down on the carbs unless you will be exercising to use up all the excess glucose that they will provide.

Chicken, Fish, and shrimp are all "good natural proteins"
    Beef, Pork, and Eggs can be "bad natural proteins" if you overdo it
    Fruits and Vegetables are invaluable for adding muscle. The nutrients they provide only help to further the process.
    Drink tons of water. What does it have to do with weight lifting? Everything. More water is healthy, no matter what.

7. BabyGirl69

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  8. EthanS

EthanS Guest

I get my work out from my work place :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, its like getting paid for working out XD