1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I wasting money on face washes?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Gazza123, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I wanna here from you guys. Are face washes a waste money?

I've tried a few and they seem to work at first but then stop. I have mild acne, well I say mild, looking at my pics you be forgiven for thinking I don't have any but I do.

Do they work?

2. Alexander69

It depends on your skin try and talk to a cosmetologist, dermatologist. They know what will be best for your skin. If you have oily skin, dry skin, sensitive skin they can help you choose. People think paying more makes it better quality but that's not always the case it depends on your skin you may need to try a lot of face washes. Try and find one with salicylic acid in it. I've tried lots of them And find that lots work and then stop I don't have bad acne at all I barley have any I use it more to prevent then to rid. :slight_smile: as for a waste of money I don't think it is if you are buying the right product for your skin. Just remember don't over use any face wash it will dry your skin and make your risk of acne bigger

3. Zaio

Zaio Guest

I would say yes.

If you want to reduce acne then you should be aiming at what they're made of. I.E trapped sebum in the skin pours. Your best bet is to reduce the amount of sugar you consume (high glycemic load can worsen it), things like antiseptic cream can reduce infections inside pours, reducing the risk of it coming back again.

The only real way to target acne is to stop it being produced in the first place. Washing your face daily, sometimes multiple times a day if it isn't enough, can prevent a large majority of the acne coming back again.

A large amount of acne comes from increased testosterone levels during puberty, however, by the time you're 25 or so, it should decrease dramatically when the majority of your puberty functions are completed. However, I believe the voice deepens into your 30s.

All the best.

4. TraceElement

Make sure you moisturize your face with an oil free mild one. Cetaphil has one in a bottle that works, as well as Clearasil. It may seem crazy to moisurize, but it helps.

5. i had acne.... then i invested in a rio sonicleanse (it is a pain in the butt somedays) but now i hardly have any best investment ever :')

also moisturise everyday :slight_smile:
    the only 2 face washes that have worked for me are the body shop tea tree face wash and the simple face scrub :slight_smile:

6. Gen

Gen

This happens to almost everyone who repeatedly uses facewashes/products/etc.

Our bodies are adaptive. Its just like when we excerise. We cant keep doing the same excerise and continue to see results. You have to switch it up every once in a while. I have two face care products. I use one, switch, use one, switch.

Secondly, improving skin care is much harder than brushing our teeth. You do have to put some thought into it. It something doesnt seem right, than it most likely isnt. I'm currently using a Nuetrogena system and the lotion that comes with it, I guess because it comes with sunscreen, makes me look like my face is either dry or powdered. So I scratched that and used a moisturinzer that I know if better and gives my skin a better look.

So #1. Switch it up. #2. It doesnt help to have clear skin if it looks dry, pale, and hard. Get creative. See what makes your skin look the appealing, worry about appearance in the day time and actual repairing and clearing at night becuase who cares what you look like then. Good luck!

7. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I used to get acne pretty bad when I was growing up. Just go to your doctor and have him prescribe you tetracycline or minocycline, and then you don't have to worry about it. It totally cleared my face up. Didn't have to worry about face washes or creams or anything like that, just a pill in the morning and one at night. I actually have another year's worth of prescriptions but I stopped taking them months and months and months ago and I'm still fine. I pop a pill occasionally if something comes up, which doesn't really happen anymore.