1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sickness bug

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by flyinhernikes, Nov 24, 2012.

1. i know there is the winter sickness big thing going about, just about everyone in my town has had it.... but up the road in the next town hardly anyone has had it.
    so its hit some places but not others.

im due to travel to sheffield tomorrow for 2 days, and the bug has hit hard there too (according to a forum im a member of).... im petrified of getting sick so far from home just for 2 days away. i dont drive so i use trains/buses and i could pick anything up from travelling on them....

i wash my hands at every given opportunity and i carry hand gel stuff, so i wont get dirty hands (only upon hearing about the bug going about lol... im not like a super germ-a-phobe) but would anyone travel? ive already paid for the hotel and travel but its not the losing my money because neither are non refundable.... i timed going away pretty badly lol.

im undecided if i should go or not.... responses would be appreciated :slight_smile:

2. KaraBulut

Well, did you get your flu shot this year?

Colds and flu are more contagious before people have symptoms, so other than washing your hands and getting the flu shot, there's only so much that you can do to avoid exposure to seasonal viruses.

You shouldn't dictate your life from fear of getting sick. Go and enjoy your trip.