1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oily falling hair

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Rice and Pepper, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My hair is too oily. That means, if I take a bath on Sunday evening, on Tuesday noon it will be atrocious. One simple answer would be to take a bath every day. However, my hair has started to fall out since September and I realised washing it too often makes things worse. I also feel sorry for all the wasted water... Shampoo for oily hair does ABSOLUTELY nothing. My hair will look better on the first day, but on the second it could be even worse than it would usually be. Finally, quickly combing it during the day is a good solution, but it also increases hair fall and it means I have to go a bit more often the bathroom (because there is no way I do that in front of others).

So, I don't know what to do. I just want my hair to look clean, even if it actually isn't. I don't want to use substances that might be harmful in the end, nor do I need something to promote hair growth: I can tell by looking at my dad that sooner or later most of my hair will fall out (but if you have a good tip about how I can slow this up, don't hesitate to post it).

I just need clever solutions for cleanlooking hair. E.g, a friend told me that if I put talcum on my hair, it will look as if it has just been washed.

Thanks for your help! =D

#1 Rice and Pepper, Nov 24, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  2. Lewis

I'm in the same boat! I use dry shampoos that work really well for the oiliness, but I've got nothing for the hair falling out...I'm 19 and it's getting me really depressed. There's a prescription drug called 'propecia' that is supposed to slow hair loss down and even promote growth my stimulating the hair follicles.

I'll be keeping and eye on this post for suggestions.

3. hey i used to have bad oily hair too.

i now only wash my hair twice-3 times a week. might sound gross but it works.
    at first your hair will feel and look gross till your hair gets used it. but the the reward in the long run is so worth it. it took around 3 weeks for the horrible-ness to settle down and now my hair is nowhere near as bad as it used to be :slight_smile:

the body shop banana shampoo helped me at first, but now herbal essences the green one for oily hair works for me. also like lewis said dry shampoos work also. but only put dry shampoo in after the 2nd day i would say as otherwise youll be fiddling with your hair too much and it will produce oils. only brush your hair once a day also.

4. Ridiculous

Yeah I would suggest cutting down on the washing as well. Every wash will be stripping all of the oils out and leaving it dry, and then your scalp could be going into oil production overdrive to compensate, making it super oily after a day or so. Perhaps try going a full week without washing your hair at all (at least not with shampoo) just to see what happens?

If you don't use conditioner after washing, then it could be a good idea to start. This will moisturise the hair and scalp(hopefully meaning your scalp won't produce as much oil in order to do that job), and could also reduce your hair loss as most conditioners help to prevent hair breakage.

I've also heard the talcum powder thing but I've never done it or seen it being done - I'd imagine it would leave your hair with a white powder coating.