1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've got bags under my eyes, and have for years.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jeimuzu, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Jeimuzu

It's been suggested this is just because of an iron deficiency, and I can fix it with supplements. :-/ Is this right?

2. shaun

http://www.teenhealthfx.com/answers/Health/476.html

helpful info here. if you're semi-anemic, the iron deficiency could explain the bags, but that's not always the case. either way, more vitamins in your diet, and plenty of water will help drastically.

3. Andrew1403

Andrew1403 Guest

i have bags under my eyes aswell. And have had them forever.Iv tried more sleep,puttin spoons in teh fridge for 20mins and then holding them under my eyes. I dont think they will go away. Mine are worse in the morning but gradually get a little better throughtout the day. For me i dont think i can get ride of them, you maybe able to thou...try the cold spoon thing..or maybe lotion

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I have had dark shadows and puffiness under my eyes for many years. Getting enough sleep, drinking plenty of water and taking multi-vitamins helps somewhat, but they are still there. The cosmetic products (such as a Nivia for Men product for this) don't work for me.

So no help really, but you are not alone with this. (*hug*)

5. Nicolio

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I don't know if it works, but I often times put ice-cubes under my eyes, kinda stupid... But it makes me feel more awake, maybe it'll help.

Paul Uk has some good advice... If these bags under your eyes don't go away, then think of them as beatiful and sexy, sometimes I make myself think that my acne is sexy... lol, it only works to a certain degree tho...

6. Jeimuzu

Hm. Well, I've picked up some multivits with iron. They taste bloody horrible.

7. Ty

Ty Guest

Chuck 'em to the back of your throat and drink something sweet like fanta or something. Thats what I do when I take pills with a nasty taste. But i've done it so many times due to all of my ill health over the past few months, I can swallow practically anything without a liquid now o.0

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I use the Tesco ones and don't notice any taste. But it's only in my mouth for a couple of seconds before it's sent on its way with water.

I assume you're not chewing them? They should go down whole.

I take it (and cod liver oil capsule) in the morning, before breakfast.

9. Jeimuzu

Oh, they're going down whole. They taste so vile that I can chuck 'em into a mouthful of drink, swallow the mouthful, wash them down with some more drink, and I still get the taste of them stuck in my mouth.

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

When you run out, try the Tesco ones then.

11. KaraBulut

Jeimuzu:

One thing that I can't tell is whether you're male or female.

Men should not take vitamins with iron. Most people store all the iron that they need in their blood and liver. If you take in iron, you can make yourself very sick (it's called hemochromatosis). So, unless your doctor tells you that you need iron, you shouldn't take any vitamins with iron. There's plenty of iron in food for guys - especially if you eat meat.

Girls- well, if you're having periods then you do lose some iron every month from the bleeding. It's still not a good idea to take vitamins with iron unless your doctor tells you that you're low on iron (anemia).

Do you have bags under your eyes or is it just dark circles?

12. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Jeimuzu is male, aged 19. "Geezer" is a British term which I guess isn't used where you are.

13. Alexander

If you need iron, you should get it as an injection from your doctor directly into your body. If you're tired a lot, you should get it checked out.

14. latinolover

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i have bags but i use this medicine ..it hydrocotozone...in spelled it wrong but trust me it works the bags go away...well at least for mee

15. KaraBulut

Interesting. In the US, geezer is a rude term used for old people- usually a man but not necessarily- so it didn't quite make sense for this site.

Thanks for the info.

16. iPieman

I have bags under my eyes as well. I tried supplements and it helped a bit. Give it a try :slight_smile:

17. Adrian

Adrian Guest

I also have dark circles...

It could just be genetic, in which case there's not much you can do other than maybe use concealer or something.