1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eczema Scar

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Zaio, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Hey EC,

So, a couple years ago I had pretty bad eczema that got infected cause I kept scratching it off every time it re-scabbed. It's been gone for years now, no signs of it, however I still have the red mark present.

Is it possible to get rid of this mark? I would have thought that it would have cleared up by now otherwise.

The only information I can find online is either for people who actually have eczema or various sorted methods of clearing up scars, which I'm willing to bet none work.

All the best.

2. rday13

rday13 Guest

There are a number of ways to get rid of scars, but it depends on a few variables such as the type of scar, and the age of the scar.
    Some over the counter products have medicinally active ingredients known to reduce scarring such as Vitamin E and silicon gels. Although from experience I can tell you that consistent application of a product over time can diminish the appearance of a scar.
    Other techniques include dermatological ones such as microdermabrasion.

If you would like something that is effective, see what your GP is willing to suggest or prescribe; that's the best route to go.

3. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Ahh good to hear that this might actually be possible to remove. Thanks :slight_smile: I'll certainly get in touch with my GP soon then.

All the best.

4. MyJunkIsYou

Where is the scar on your body? Is it red or silvery? Bio-oil is supposed to improve scar appearance, I've never used it in that respect but it's one of the claims on the box