1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My State of Mind is Affecting How I Look?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by TotallyaGirl, Nov 27, 2012.

1. TotallyaGirl

TotallyaGirl Guest

So I'm mtf transsexual. I'm per hormones, and all that and not out. About a year ago I was really depressed and still trying to figure out what was wrong. I looked very thin and sickly even though I was eating a good diet and such. Recently, in the past few months since I came to terms with my feelings, I've noticed I'm looking different. Definitely more feminine, or at least a little more androgynous. Now I would think this was just mental mind over matter stuff, except I've had a few people point it out quite recently. Although I was flattered, I didn't give them any hints. Does anyone think it's possible that my body is trying to change itself to be more congruent with the real me? I know it sounds crazy, but you never know.

2. DhammaGamer

How old are you? Are you intersex? Are you eating properly?

3. TotallyaGirl

TotallyaGirl Guest

14, not that I'm aware, and yes

4. rday13

rday13 Guest

It's not a very crazy theory, to be honest.
    One's mental state can certainly affect their physical state. For instance, it can be hard to put on lots of muscle in a dedicated fashion if you're upset, angry, stressed or depressed.

Similarly, a change in your psyche is reflected in the way your body presents itself to others. I can't cite any studies at the moment (a little groggy), but humans are very capable of sensing physical changes with others that correlate with their mental states.

While it might sound a little cliched when people tell you to smile and laugh a little each day...honestly the long-term impact is tremendous. Your body can 'sense' changes and get more in line with your desires (there's a whole chemical cascade that occurs for instance), especially if you've come to terms with yourself.

5. TotallyaGirl

TotallyaGirl Guest

Wow thanks, that explains alot...I thought maybe it was just me being a little unrealisticaly hopeful