1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thyroid and other hormones

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by wandering i, Nov 28, 2012.

1. wandering i

Does anyone have any information or leads on whether or not thyroid disorders could affect the female/male sex hormones? I had my blood drawn today to be tested for thyroid issues, and if it comes back positive I wonder if that may have something to do with my feelings of gender confusion and need to be perceived as the opposite sex. I'm trying to find information online but not having much luck.
    Any guidance would be appreciated!
    -wandering

2. LailaForbidden

I have hypothryroidism. Before I started synthroid, I was intensely emotional, tired all the time, and my endurance in physical activity was very low. I also got headaches and had a few extra pounds on me. According to my doctor, my thyroid was the worst she'd ever seen. Granted, I am not an expert, but the type of throid disorder I have did not cause gender confusion.. unless the confusion your having relates to having the emotional capacity of a menaupausal woman ( as in, your really emotional, not that you actually feel like a girl). If your really confused about it though, i'd definitley try to see your doctor about it.

3. wandering i

Thank you so much for your response. I'm glad you got treatment and hope you feel a lot more like yourself!

4. LailaForbidden

I feel much better, thanks! and i'm happy to help :slight_smile: