1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bored of everything

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by NotBrian, Nov 28, 2012.

1. NotBrian

Lately the bored virus has been corrupting my brain. I've been feeling bored on about everything I do. Suddenly my meathods of escape can no longer help me and my feelings of boredom is the only thing I can express. Everything I do is just boring now. I even tried other things like playing new games, learning about makeup, even watching movies (I can remember me getting really hyped on most of these). All my hopes to not be bored is lost. Maybe it's my lifestyle in general. It's only been years of keeping my "happy life" in secret. Sometimes I anticipate things too early and deny doing it because I fear it's going to affect me. I can only see that the thing I desire to do is driven away from fear; I may be thinking that as the cause of boredom. I'm the scared type and can't think about my own happiness. So I just escape from reality to find a temporary solution. Must be why my reality is super boring , full of no motivation at all. The only solution is to overcome the fear, which i can't do leaving me screwed for a while.

Should I just remain bored of everything, since I'm not willing to take a stand for my own happiness? Being bored has been my "comfort" zone, but if I had a really to fix my mentality I would try to think about my wants and needs.

2. wandering i

Losing interest in things you used to enjoy is a symptom of depression, and so is having difficulty finding interest in new things.
    I'm trying to understand you clearly- are you saying that you avoid the things that pump you up because you get too pumped up?
    What happens if you indulge in that kind of thing?