1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian and STD's

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by sapphic, Nov 29, 2012.

1. sapphic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi - I am new to lesbian world but kinda worried about getting Std's because none of the girls practice safe sex....has anyone here gotten an STD through lesbian sex? And if so how did you get it?

thanks (and worried).

2. Emberblaze

As far as I know, you'll only get an STD by having sex (that's any contact with genital areas and such) with someone who's infected. And if my memory from health class serves me right, you can get if from just contact, like rubbing genitals against each other and such. I think kissing as well for some stds.

If you're havin blatantly unprotected and a whole lot of sex, then you're at higher risks. But really and truly, if you just settle down with a nice girl that doesn't have anything, then you'll be good

But there's nothing wrong with worrying. The way the media and everything else portrays it, I sometimes have the same fears as well

3. CatofOld

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Okay, I feel oddly confident to answer this question.

You can get an STD from lesbian sex any time mucus membranes touch. (So if your giving her oral, you can get things like herpes, gonorrhea, syphilis, or chlamydia of the throat, you can also get HIV.) You can also get an STD anytime you touch yourself after touching her, without cleaning your hands first. Finally you can get an STD if you are sharing sex toys and not using condoms on them, or cleaning them.

It is also possible to get things like herpes and crabs just from rubbing genitals together so you need to make sure you know who you are sleeping with.

In order to stay safe you need to use dental dams for oral, always wash your hands between touching her and touching yourself, and never share toys, or if you do wash your toys in between and avoid high risk activities (like oral) with a parnter you don't know well.

If you have been having unsafe sex, go an get tested, many STD's are treatable, but can cause a lot of damage if left unchecked (syphilis for instance can cause insanity and death in later stages, but is curable if caught early). If you haven't and you want to many people find that when given the option between safe sex and no sex many people warm up to the idea of using protection.

As for the rates there is no way to be sure exactly, as the CDC doesn't currently screen for women who have sex with women, but the literature shows that they are enough documented cases that you are right to be worried and should be protecting yourself.

4. Emberblaze

Heh heh, I love how the two people how answered first are both gamers ^^

Ahem, but yes, the catofold is quite correct! Take all of her words into deep consideration.

5. The Queen Bee

All gamers...?? Mmm... Nice...
    :grin:

But, yeah...
    Body fluids...