1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ugh

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by GreenRaven, Dec 1, 2012.

1. GreenRaven

first off....i feel really bad that i haven't been getting on here lately...but life's been really crazy with having my surgery in october, and having to take time to recover from that, to thanksgiving, and then i just got a job (had my first day today, waking up in 6 hours for my second day tomorrow), so things have been a little hectic.

anyways...i am so frustrated right now. i've been on my period for over a month now. and it's making me feel so dysphoric it's ridiculous. i'm calling my gyn on monday but i don't know if there's anything that can be done other than starting up my birth control that i had stopped taking since i'm supposed to start T on the 19th of this month. i'm just...i don't even know...so ticked off at my body right now. i hate having female parts enough...but i have uterine didelphis on top of it (two uteri and cervices) along with polycystic ovarian syndrome. i just don't know what to do anymore....i wish it would just go away....

2. PurpleCrab

Well I can tell you what works for me: moving, getting in shape, and going full force in working out.
    For one building up a better framed body helps with dysphoria because you get to like parts of your body, the parts you've worked on. It also helps with hormones, emotions and all the likes because working out feels so good after awhile, it's also addictive and healthy!

And..! Keeping in great shape (and having a very low fat mass) helps to keep your period smaller and quicker, if it even stays. For me, it didn't, I didn't have to deal with a period much at all, just keeping in good shape. It's a phenomenon very well known with athletic people.

Also it gives you something to DO about it before you start your hormones. I don't know for you but I really hate when I can't do a thing about stuff that bother me, so, having a plan of action helps a great deal!

Also when you start T you may feel the need to move more anyway to control the increased aggressiveness and libido. It's very soothing to have a means to let it all go.

3. The Queen Bee

Uff... It's gotta be a Ugh!! to have your period.
    I can't even imagine.
    Try working out. Also stretching can be good for cramps.

I just hope things work out your way.
    You just need to become a hysterbrother.