1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nuts with Pain (forgive the pun).... aka Pain in the Testicles

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by goodisgood, Feb 17, 2008.

1. goodisgood

goodisgood Guest

Hello there!
    This is a little awkward, and I considered posting it anonymously but I figured it was nothing to be ashamed of or to be secretive about. Thursday night (2/14) I started to feel a dull ache in my lower abdomen region and my left testicle was very sensitive to touch and was hurting somewhat. I decided to ignore the pain and see if it would go away after I slept. Lo and behold, the pain was still there when I woke up the next morning. However, I again didn't say anything to my parents about this because I had a major interview for the FSU film school Friday and I decided to just ride it out. So after work on Saturday morning, I decided to tell my parents that I had been having this pain since Thursday. I had started to get worried so I looked in to it and worried (assuming the worst) that it was either a testicular torsion or testicular cancer.

Anyways, I ended up going to the ER just in case and it turned out to be neither of the two suspected issues. It is nothing major. It ended up being a torsed appendix testis (nothing to worry much about) and a mild varicocele (because of which I was told to wear briefs now because they provide better support so the problem can get better).

So that was my interesting weekend so far, and while I was at the hospital they did tell me that if I felt pain in my family jewels again that I should notify my parents sooner because it could have been something worse. If it had been a full torsion of the testicle, because I waited so long, the blood could have been cut off from the testicle and it might have had to be removed. Fortunately this wasn't the case.

I guess what I learned from this experience and what I want to share with all you guys out there is if you feel pain in the area of which I've spoken it's best to say something about it as soon as you can just in case because, while it may not be anything to worry about, there are some major problems that can arise in your testicles. So don't wait like I did! I was fortunate. Eh, just thought I'd let you all know about that.

Sorry if it was a little too much information for you hehe.

MTFBWY!

2. InaRut

Wanna join the club of, "Appendix are jerks?"

I'm president.
    You can be co-president.

The funny thing is...is after getting my appendix removed and reading this thread I thought, "I bet it's somethign with the appendix."
    And it was :grin:

Haha!

What an annoying little thing eh?

3. goodisgood

goodisgood Guest

Haha, thanks for the invite...I humbly accept your nomination for my co-presidency. And yes, I agree, down with the appendix!

4. Blaz

Blaz Guest

I've had my share of. . .problems. I' fear about the appendix, as I have not had any problems with it. . .but.

5. Blaz

Blaz Guest

You can't trust the darn thing. . .

6. InaRut

Oh when it's angry it hurts...

7. sexyalex

omg my dad had that last year....omg i hope nothing like that happens to me. i am not immune to pain. as soon as i feel it i start screaming :frowning2:

happy recovery dear.

8. Phantasma

Well it's good to hear that it was nothing serious. A couple years back I had a very scary close encounter with a testicle torsion. It turned out to only be mild and corrected itself (all they gave me was pain medication) but I know if it progresses far enough it can require surgery.

9. Kimi

I got sick on 8/29 which is my birthday and also the day hurricane Katrina landed.
    And the power was out and it was just some stomach ace I decided to go bed and see if it goes away. But it didn't go away and I got more sick and I began to throw up in middle of the night and keep throwing up till I thought I'm gonna die.

The next day it got bit well and I was able to go sleep and slept all day(since power was still out).

On the next day, I went to hospital because I was still sick. It turned out to be I had appendicitis. No big deal...well, it was big deal. Since I waited so long it got worse and worse I needed to remove it as soon as possible. The surgery went well so I didn't have to worry about it anymore but the doctor told me if I waited another day or so I might have died:eek: :eek:

So yes!! Go see a doctor as soon as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. goodisgood

goodisgood Guest

Wow, Kimi, I'm glad you're okay. But yes, I agree, make sure you see someone about the pain as soon as possible if it does arise, just in case...just to be safe! You don't wanna risk losing anything important! (whether it's a testicle or your life)

11. Bader

Bader Guest

omg Kimi!!! :icon_sad:
    that mustve been one hell-of-a night ,i know that feeling when u think u gona die omg worst feeling ever
    *hugs* iam really glad u went to the doctor before it was too late