1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not feeling well - what could this be?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Sayu, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Sayu

I had some viral disease in October. I was throwing up, I had diarrhoea and I felt weak (I guess that would be because I didn't eat much while I was ill - I lost about three kilos). Since then I haven't felt really well. But it seems to me that it has got even worse the last few days. So, my condition:

I feel tired all the time, although I go to sleep as usual. In the morning, before lunch and dinner I get really hungry (this didn't happen to me before) and when I'm hungry, it makes me feel sick. But, when I actually eat something, it makes me feel sick too. Today, I literally thought I was going to puke, but nothing. I don't have to run to toilet 10 times a day, only once, but usually it is not... how to say this... a solid thing that comes out of me :icon_redf

What could this be? Maybe some food intolerance? I hadn't had these problems before the viral disease :confused:

2. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It could be you still have some aftereffects of the virus, I would go see a doctor and see what he/she says.

3. rday13

rday13 Guest

Food poisoning would not last that long, and it's bacterial in nature anyway.
    Viral diseases with that lifespan that come to mind are the flu or mono. You may want to go to a doctor to get it checked out as it could be something else entirely.

4. The Queen Bee

Maybe the virus damaged your bacterial flora???
    IDK...

But, go to a gastroenterologist...
    In another thread someone said: "ou can NEVER be too proactive when it comes to your health". I totally agree.

5. KaraBulut

The type of flu that is making the rounds this year is very hard to get over. We're seeing lots of people who are saying that they didn't feel themselves for 3-6 weeks afterward.

But anytime that you're getting more than 4 weeks out from a viral illness and you're feeling tired and having other symptoms, it's time to see your doctor. There are viral syndromes like mononucleosis that can linger for weeks or months. You doctor may want to run some tests to rule out mono and to see if there's some sort of infection that may be lingering.