1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible to get 6 pack abs and strong biceps after Losing weight?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by teluphone, Dec 6, 2012.

1. teluphone

I lost like 24kg 2 years ago and I noticed how I have stretch marks all over my tummy and arms as well as losing most of my strength to do exercises suchs as pull ups and push ups. I was wondering if it was entirely possible to to get a muscular body with all those aforementioned stretch marks. Can you recommend me a daily exercise routine I can go through?

2. Zaio

Zaio Guest

There certainly is in terms of gaining muscle mass and a 6 pack. However, you might want to get KaraBulut in one this one. I'm pretty sure there is something other than surgery that you can do to remove the stretch marks.

I would advise removing the stretch marks before gaining muscle mass, as it might be harder to sort them out if you buff up.

All the best.

3. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, it is certainly possible. Go to store and get anti-scarring cream, it works just as well on stretch marks. Much more cost effect than surgery; however, you probably will have to buy a lot of cream, which is quite expensive.

4. legitawesome17

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Do some sports,like competitive swimming.I got abs from
    that :slight_smile:

5. teluphone

I do Taekwondo, track and field and tennis.

Unfortunately I'm just a Uni student so surgery is out of the question. What brand of anti-Stretch mark cream do you recommend?

Do you have a website to learn more on gaining muscle mass?

6. pitabread514

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yeah sure you can.

Anyhow, a six pack depends on your BMI more so then anything else.

I don't really see what stretch marks have to do with it.

As for your arms, you can definitely get strong biceps.

You may still have some remnants of stretch marks - but you can still have a nice body.

7. teluphone

The reason why I'm posting this now is my friend was commenting the other day "ew are those stretch marks on your arms?"

I got very irritated by that comment

8. KaraBulut

We get questions about stretch marks pretty often- there's an old thread here that has information:

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/health-well-being/66650-stretch-marks.html

"Six pack abs" are a combination of building up and strengthening the core muscles in the midsection and trimming down the fat stores that both men and women develop on top of them. So, aerobic exercise and carbohydrate control will help reduce belly fat combined with intensive abdominal work to develop the abs is what you're looking for.

9. wc1

wc1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say fat loss is of a higher importance than 'extensive ab workouts'.

Watch your diet and do a combination of aerobic, resistance and HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training).

Remember it wont happen overnight.

10. Sherri

Some people are just assholes. Honestly, lots of people who haven't ever been fat have stretch marks on places like their arms/shoulders and hips/lower back because they grew so quickly with puberty that their skin couldn't keep up. One time I was feeling bad about mine and a friend whipped off his shirt and showed me his. He's never been fat a day in his life, and he has them.

Most people won't care about them. As for abs, it's like the others said -- it's not nearly as much about what you do for workouts as it is what you eat and your body fat percentage.