1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your daily intake and diet?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Chickzak, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Chickzak

I'm on a mission to lose weight so I've started to follow a fitness routine and have adjusted my diet to get fit.. and stay healthy!! Having seen some changes to my body, I dont think its enough given how much I've changed to improve my lifestyle. I do a fair amount of exercise per week, drink enough water but I reckon its my diet that's letting me down.

Having read around websites and generally EC, I'm not consuming enough in the day. Think its more or less 1000 calories. So my question, what can I eat to ensure I still burn the calories throughout the day, see faster changes and eat that are generally healthy foods? For you all who are losing weight, what's your diet plan like?

Thanks for all the responses =)

2. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How long have you been working out and eating healthy like you do now? I've never had to lose weight, I just have good genes I guess, but from other people I know it can take up to two months before they actually start seeing and feeling results. It's actually a good sign if it takes a while for things to start changing.. that means you're doing it healthy and the results will most likely last.

3. TraceElement

Instead of 3 big meals, have 5-6 smaller ones. For example, have a yogurt or cottage cheese and an apple.Have a slice of whole wheat bread with a smidge of peanut butter. A small salad with grilled chicken a low fat or fat free dressing. This way you never get ravenously hungry and over eat at.

4. FemCasanova

Hi!

1000 chalories a day is a little too meager. Your body needs a relatively healthy intake of food, if you wish to lose weight in a lasting way. Generally, you should try to keep it at 1400-1600. And like someone else wrote, plan it to 5-6 meals a day. Also, be sure that you don`t replace everything you eat with stuff you do not like. It`s not going to be a diet you can keep for a long time, and when you start eating "normally" again, the weight will come back.

Exercise is important. Try to keep it fun, jumping ropes (I don`t for the life of me know the english expression), jogging with music, dancing, etc. If it`s fun, chances are better you`ll be able to make it a good lasting routine. Swimming is very healthy, so if you can do that, it`s great for your body. Just don`t underestimate the fun.

And regarding the food, the best diet is one that is close to what you would normally do. Then it can become a lasting habit. Eat things you like, that make you happy. Have one unhealthy day a week, where you allow yourself to eat with a clear conscience unhealthy things. It`s better for your mental health, lol, trust me. Don`t forget breakfast, eat a good dinner or lunch (the experts disagree, lol) just make the portions smaller.

This way, it might take a little longer for the effect to set in, but the chances of it being lasting and comfortable, without making you into the grinch (which I did during extreme diets) gets a lot higher!

5. pitabread514

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't know totally how a woman's body works -- but I've been pretty good at losing weight.

All I do is cut off most sugars, deep fried foods (try to avoid them anyways at all times), and stay away from high energy foods (like pizza) if I am not going to go to the gym or do some intense exercise. Abstain from all soft drinks, even fruit juice (unless you can get the reduced calorie type), I find drinking lean skim milk is great. Protein shakes go along way too If I were to snack on something throughout the day, maybe fruits like blueberries, bananas, yogurt, stuff like that.

Key is to burn more calories then you intake; if you do this you will lose weight and can eat whatever you want...