1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acne Problems

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by WilliamM, Dec 8, 2012.

1. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

So i have acne in the winter it gets pretty bad in the summer time it somewhat clears up. Ive tried just about every kind of washes that their are they dont help as fast as i would like. Ive also tried medication that my doctor proscribed me those didnt work to well either. I happen to touch my face alot and i think thats why i cant get rid of my acne. Can anyone give me any ideas on how to help get rid of it. I would really appreciate it thanks :icon_bigg

2. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

I do the same thing. Since you've tried a lot of products and didn't have much luck, it really just comes down to teaching yourself not to touch your face. The washes and medicines can't work nearly as well as they normally would because every time you touch your face, a little more will rub off and a little more oils from your hands will be left on your skin in its place. Every time to bring your hand up to touch it, think, acne. Once you're more self-aware you'll see more progress. Good luck.

3. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

Thanks i shall try not to touch my face :slight_smile: and continue to use face washes

4. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A few random things to try:
    The oil's often not as much a problem as bacteria - so washing your hands regularly would probably help. Maybe change/wash your pillow covers often. If it's worse in winter, do you think it may be aggravated by stress at school? Or less humidity in the air so your skin needs to produce more oil and that overproduction increases acne? In that case the right moisturizer might help even tho it sounds counter-intuitive.

5. caramba2654

Actually, there has been scientific proof that people who touch their faces a lot have more acne than the ones who don't. So you really just need to avoid touching it and it should get better, at least to some extent.

6. Of Mice and Men

I'm suffering from acne a lot too. I visited a nearby spa the other day and got a glycolic peel and I'm already seeing a huge difference. I also cut back on dairy, because that can cause acne in some people.