1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Heart Rate

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jerr, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Jerr

I went to give blood today and usually my BP is a little bit too high... like 102 and it can't be above 100 to give blood.

Well I just got done with yoga so I was feeling calm and I decided I should try again...

It gets to that point and my Blood Pressure is 98!!! Yay me!!!

My heart rate, however, was 123...

The average is between 50-100.

I'm 18 and I just got done with yoga so I was about as calm as possible...

Should I go get a physical?

2. shaun

If your resting heartrate is still above 100, go see a doctor ASAP!!! LIKE NOW!

#2 shaun, Feb 19, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  3. Phantasma

I'd recommend you go get that checked as soon as you can. Anything to do with the heart should get your immediate attention.

4. Vampyrecat

I agree. A doctor and a full physical is your best option. You need to get this checked out and pronto. It could be related to your cholesterol, it could be anything, you just don't know.
    It would be far better to go there and find out that your heart rate is normal for you and there is nothing wrong at all then it would be to leave it and drop dead of a heart attack or have a stroke. I know you're really young but it can happen when the heart is under too much stress.
    Please get it checked out.
    Tess.

5. biisme

yes. go to a doctor.

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Getting a physical is probably a good idea, Jerr. Better safe than sorry.

7. Urman

Urman Guest

Go see the doctor this can be from varise things.

8. shaun

A healthy, skinny young man like you should have a resting heart rate of around 40-50. Even if you had mild exercising, like walking that shouldn't put you above 70-80

9. TriBi

Actually, the normal range for heartrate is probably more like 60-80.

Mine (because of years of endurance sport) has always tended to be on the lower side of normal. At one stage my base heart rate (upon first waking) was 38. Resting heartrate (at that time) was generally no more than mid 40's.

These days it is closer to the 'norm' (I no longer swim, cycle and run ridiculous distances) but is usually under 60. A really 'elite' athlete could get their base heartrate down below 30 (Triathlete Greg Welch, at his peak, was at around 28).

Of course - there is a big difference between heartrate at rest - and during (or immediately after) exercise...strenuous activity can push it up very quickly.

Jerr - you hadn't just been running or anything, had you?

10. Jeimuzu

Listening to really fast music puts my heart rate up, personally. Never try to exercise listening to Dragonforce or Nile. Not a good move.

11. jockboy01

If you don't have other symptoms (sweating, feeling light headed, etc) you're probably fine. Maybe drink a bit more water. But at 18, a heart rate of 123 isn't going to hurt anything. If you're feeling fine otherwise, I wouldn't worry. You might have just been nervous.

12. KaraBulut

Yes, I would recommend you go get it checked.

Blood pressure has two numbers- usually it's written as something like "120/80".

It sounds like the bottom number was over 100 which is high for someone your age.

Heart rate can change because of a lot of things. If you had exercised, if you were dehydrated, if you had a fever or if you had drank a bunch of caffeine- these can all increase your heart rate.

But with a high blood pressure and a fast heart rate, you should probably stop in and have the nurse at your doctor's office check them for you- it takes about 5 minutes and it's free. If your blood pressure or heart rate are still high when you're there, make an appointment for a physical and get it checked out.

13. Jinx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I just wanted to say that I'm only 23 and have had 3 heart attacks myself. I have a condition called SVT Super Ventricular Tachycardia. My resting heart rate was 112. RESTING! I didn't know that was bad until my first attack. It was scary as all hell. Now I'm on meds to keep my heart rate down. Without the meds I can easily go up to 260-290 BPM. Get it looked at. Hope everything is cool. :slight_smile:

14. Jerr

My pulse was 123...

I had just gotten done with yoga... not power yoga but like she talked to us about this n that then we did a few stretches before the corps for like 10-15 minutes. (Laying on our backs not moving and meditating...)

I rode in a car there with no scariness...

And my pulse was still that high.

15. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Have you had this checked out by a doctor yet, Jerr? I really think you should.

16. Kimi

When did people starts to take guy's blood who had sexual act with another guy?

Anyways, I think you should get checked.

17. Jerr

What's sad is I haven't even gotten to the point where I'd have to lie about that...

I never make it past the blood pressure/pule portion of the thing...

I get my finger pricked every effen time and then they do BP/P and I'm always too high...