1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Balding? I'm only 18 :(

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Stridenttube, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

I think I'm losing hair at my temples. It seems to be going back further and further. I've always had long hair and I would look even more hideous if I was bald. :bang:

Is this normal? Does it stop? This is really depressing. :frowning2:

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've heard that baldness can start around age 18, but it's more on the front and top of the head than the temples. I'd definitely talk to a doctor about it.

3. Polter91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My 29 year old brother was losing hair in high school and now he's bald. Thankfully, I never lost my head of hair. But you should talk to your doctor about it. It's normal.

4. KaraBulut

If you feel like you are losing hair, you should see a dermatologist for an exam to determine the cause and to talk about options.

Most hair loss in men is partly hereditary and partly a side effect of male hormone. There are exceptions though and your doctor would be able to help you determine whether you are losing hair and what the cause is.

5. Zh3sh1re

Zh3sh1re Guest

Hey. Look on the bright side. If you get a bald head, you can at least look like Agent 47! :grin:

/Mvh John

6. RainbowBright

Talk to a doctor, you likely have a receding hairline. Hair growth options are not perfect, but if you're willing to put chemicals on your head or take pills, you may be able to stop it early. Or you can decide to love your head whatever happens to it, which in the long run might be healthier. My ex lost most of his thick hair to thinning on top, which started at 21. If he had done something sooner it might have been saved, but then again I loved him anyway. It was his personality that made me leave him, not his head. :slight_smile:

7. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

I've looked at many family members on my moms side of the family and none of them are bald, maybe its just an adult hairline? All the hair on my head is really thick, and I have a big head anyway so maybe it looks worse than it is. My dad is 50 and looks like a werewolf. He has freakishly thick hair. Anyway, ill talk to my doctor anyway, but my parents both said it looks normal to them.