1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Healthy

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Gazza123, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

So today, well rather tonight, I sat and eat some crisps and dip and then some sweets. Afterwards I felt kinda bloated and fat which I am far from. More like skinny-fat, you know, having a small pot beer belly even though I don't drink the stuff.

So now I feel crap. I think ugly, unhealthy and just 'blah'. I wanna feel a little more healthier and happier. Now I don't wanna start making massive changes to more lifestyle. I'm just looking advice.

Lifestyle

I work part time four days a week as a online shopper. Basically doing someone's shopping for them in which its a pretty active job.

I live with parents and we always have homecooked feah meals aside from occadional takeaway.

I probably don't eat enough fruit, I tried smoothies but that plan fell flat on its face.

I do try to drink plenty water but sometimes I turn to fizzy pops.

I just feel blah

Of course I continue writing my lifestyle but you get the picture. Also don't mention gym, not gonna happen.

2. Gen

Gen

While I would argue that it doesnt seem like you really need to eat any healthier than you are, its your prerogative.

~Nothing is going to be more important to the overall health of everything from weight to skin in your body than water. Many people take this to believe that I must only ever drink water, but this isnt true. It is perfectly fine to have the occasional juice or soda throughout the day(Though I wouldnt go too crazy with the soda), you just have to make sure that your water intake is high enough to begin with.

An good psychological trick is to start using one of those jumbo plastic cups instead of s simple regular sized class, and have it around you when you are at home throughout the day. The reason is because when we see drinks or food around us we will unconsciously have a higher urge to drink or eat. I have found it to do wonders for my water intake.

~Fruit is always good to increase in your diet. Never skip meals, and fruit is always a good substitute if you arent very hungry for lunch or woke up too late for breakfast.

~Snacks. Watch out what snacks your are eating throught the day. Chips are fine, cookies are fine, just dont make a habit of doing them all in the same day. Always be sure to have sweets/junk in your diet too. Eating healthy shouldnt be a chore. Just make sure that you have healthy food mixed in with everything.

With all that being said, I am not telling you this so that you may 'lose weight'. Loss of weight does not simple equate health, and from what I can see I dont believe it would be in the best interest of your health for to lose to much weight as this point. The purpose is to form healthier eating patterns. This doesnt mean that they wont improve appearance either as the health of our diet is directly related to the health many aspects of out bodies. Especially our skin, which is truthfully one of the most prominent characteristics of our appearance.

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Far be it from me to mention the gym, unless it's cold or uncomfortable out. Then I recommend the gym. I actually try to stay out of the gym as much as possible. However, it's winter in Montana.

I actually recommend three things for you.

1) Keep a log of what you eat. You don't have to do calories or exact amounts. Just say what you eat. The point is not that you're dieting. You're holding yourself accountable for making bad decisions. If you eat a Snickers bar, you have to write it down. Do you really want that?

2) Do not limit what you eat. Just make smart choices for what you do eat. Make a list of things you're willing to give up. For things you're not willing to give up, try to think of a better way to fulfill that desire. Here's an example I like using a lot: I'm not willing to give up sweet things. A candy bar is sweet. But so is an apple, or a pile of grapes. Nutrition is not rocket science. You eat when you're hungry. Denying yourself is a huge myth. The key difference between a person who makes progress over time and the person who "diets" and doesn't see results is that the first person makes more consistently good decisions about what they eat.

3) Take steps to find more time for exercise. Notice I didn't say gym. Notice I didn't say hard. I said time. All you need is half an hour three to four days a week. That's not a lot of time. And I really recommend low intensity. Whether it's running, swimming, metabolic weight training, or any other kind of endurance work: the key is going long, not hard.

Don't think of my advice as a training program. Think of it as general guidelines for making healthy choices at every instant in time.

It's the difference between eating chips and eating salad. The difference between plopping down on the couch and taking a 20-minute walk.

#3 Pret Allez, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  4. RainbowBright

Simplest thing you can do: try to eat the rainbow every day, with a little rain. That means, eat fresh produce (cooked or raw) that are red, orange, yellow, green, and blue/purple/black. Whenever you have an option, drink water (you can always flavor it with some lemon and lime and a little honey if needed).

Each color in the rainbow provides different nutrients, and you should be aiming for at least 5 servings of fruit/vegs a day anyway. Replace drinks with water where possible. You will likely feel a lot better, look better, and be healthier if you stick to it.

Also, the rainbow-and-rain lifestyle is very gay-positive! :slight_smile: