1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Physical...sort of?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by GayforGuys, Dec 16, 2012.

1. GayforGuys

So in a few days I'm seeing my doctor about a problem 'down there'.
    And if I'm honest I'm freaking out a little....or a lot!
    Basically my Foreskin is a bit tight and I've decided to finally go and see a doctor about it instead of putting it off like usual for the past couple of weeks.
    I know for some people who have regular physicals and stuff it's probably not going to phase them at all, but where I'm from in the UK, we are not required for physicals, at least not yet so this is the first time I'm gonna be stripping down for a Doctor.
    Can anybody offer some good advice?...what to expect?...Am I just worrying over nothing?
    The doctor will be a Female btw.

One of things troubling me most is y'know...popping wood or something :icon_redf
    Help!

2. inthedark4eva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You're problem with your foreskin is actually quite common with uncircumcised men. There have been several threads on here dealing with this issue and depending on how tight the foreskin is, there are measures you can take to loosen the foreskin without having to see a doctor.

As far as 'popping wood' during the exam....

I had a friend who was in a very bad motorcycle accident years ago. He was in traction for several months and was unable to do anything for himself. When he was first in traction and they would bathe him, he would break down in tears because of embarrassment over getting erections. All the nurses explained to him it was completely normal and they had seen numerous times. So basically, it's nothing you need to worry about as you'd be far from the first to get hard during an exam and you'll be far from the last.

3. GayforGuys

Thanks for replying!
    I actually think the the problem is with the frenulum(spelling?) Which apparently takes minor surgery to remove it, therefore removing tightness.
    I'm sorry to hear about your friend, I assume everything fine now?
    I know its no doubt happened before, still though..if it happened :astonished:

#3 GayforGuys, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  4. KaraBulut

Those of us who do examinations on a regular basis have seen it all. For the patient, having an examination of the breasts, anus or genitals is embarrassing, but for an experienced practitioner, it's a bit like clerks who work at drug stores- if something unusual is seen, it's forgotten pretty quickly.

Most practitioners have to write down exam findings quickly because the next day, after seeing several other patients, we won't remember what we saw the day before.

What you can expect is that the doctor will ask you to describe the problem. They'll want to do an exam. Since what you're describing sounds like phimosis or frenulum breve, you'll be asked to pull back the foreskin or it's particularly tight, the physician will attempt to pull it back.

Occasionally, we have someone who gets an erection during an exam- some patients will from just taking their clothes off or from having their abdomen or leg touched. We've seen it all before. That's a rarity though, as there's a stranger there, you're wearing an odd gown, the room is generally freezing cold and the person doing the exam is anything but sexy, so most guys who have anxiety about an exam find that their fears about getting an erection are unfounded.

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any doctor who is planning to see your junk, has seen the junk of hundreds of people before. You think s/he'd be fazed by what penises do naturally? I doubt it. You could always joke about it if you do pop wood while being looked at; see if you get a chuckle.

"I told you I was looking forward to this visit." :wink:

6. dudedette

(words may vary due to pariental protection)

I recently had my first physical.
    I just popped my junk out and he examined it. he asked if I had "my cherrie" popped yet, and I said "No". Then he was all like "Oh, well then. All you have is yeast infection." Done and over with.

At the end he was like "to be honest, your kinda hot." lol
    .....(^_^) LOL, JK, But I knew what he was think'in

---------- Post added 16th Dec 2012 at 02:58 PM ----------

BTW, "popping cherries" reffers to your virginity I believe.