1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing weight - Having an issue with my toes.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by curiousdove, Dec 16, 2012.

1. curiousdove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    *this is my first post, sorry if I ramble

All right, so I'm 16 and obese (Yes I know, that's bad). Anyway, recently I've started walking for about 20 minutes a day, roughly 2 kilometres (I started last Sunday). As well, my diet has changed from one large-unhealthy meal a day, to a more healthy/salad/fruit meal(s) throughout the day. I'm in a rural area, meaning the nearest fast-food joint is over 150kms away, so I'm not dealing with temptation regarding that. I've also purchased a month pass to my local (and only) weight-room/gym. So, hopefully, my weight will start coming down (Or at least my body fat) soon.

Anyway, I'm having an issue regarding my feet. I've got lovely blisters all over my toes. These hurt. Very much. I'm 100% sure the blisters are from lose-fitting shoes+the massive increase in activity this week. These damn'd blisters are making it very painful to walk around my house, let alone 2k. So I'm wondering, what's the best method of getting rid of these lil'suckers? Or at least get them to stop nagging my brain? Unfortunately, getting a new pair of shoes is pretty much out of the question, at least for now.

Please and thank-you. :icon_bigg

2. Zh3sh1re

Zh3sh1re Guest

Hello Curiousdave.

Recently, I was obese as well, and I was fourteen, bordering on fifteen. I was quite ashamed of my body, and that exists still today. About when I started to realize I was gay, I decided that I had to change. I ate less, began to work out, excetera. I found out, that loosing weight isn't that hard, actually. I lost over twenty percent of my body weight, and that's something I'm quite proud of. I feel great now, and I'm loving my new body.

So, I suppose my advice to you is this, and this worked great.

-- Eat less.

That is the only thing I did, basically. I just kept my discipline, and tried to stay away from too much goodies. It's really not that hard, and since your obese, it's even easier!

Good Luck!
    Mvh/ John

3. I don't know what to do to treat or prevent blisters. I used to get them often when I used to run a lot. Haha poor me, I just went with the sores without doing anything. Maybe someone else has some remedies.

4. RainbowBright

That's really great news! It's a great thing that you've decided to take care of yourself - remember that this lifestyle has likely been an addiction for you, so change should be gradual, and involving replacements for each thing you take away. If you take away a food you love, find a new healthier food you love to add in its place. If you take away some time with a comforting activity, replace that time with a different activity (say instead of playing video games, spend the time drawing, instead of eating junk food, learn to dance with youtube videos, whatever).

You really deserve to have shoes that fit. Even if getting them in your size is too hard, you can ask someone to help you measure your feet and order them online. Without decent shoes, being physical will continue to be a chore for you and will be hard to stick to. However, it's not a great idea to wear these shoes even in the house - try walking barefoot or replacing them with socks when indoors, so your feet get a rest.

Health is not about deprivation, it's actually about giving yourself what your body needs, and people who maintain good health in the long run are people who understand this. Once you train yourself out of bad habits, you start to realize that you feel much better and happier doing the healthier stuff than you ever did in the unhealthy lifestyle. Just keep giving to yourself - finding healthy foods you like, finding healthy activities that are fun, so it is harder to stop than it is to stick to it, because you are looking forward to it every day. Then the only thing that might hold you back is fear of change, and you can beat that if you don't have any other reasons to give up because you love what you're doing.

5. Zh3sh1re

Zh3sh1re Guest

^ I'm a bit skeptical about this, but I might be wrong.

If your overweight, I'd think, at least in my experience, you think you had to eat that much to keep yourself going. That was never the case, and as soon as I decreased the amount I ate, the weight was dropping, and I've kept a steady weight for a good long while now. There is a line between deprivation, and giving yourself what you need, to over eating.