1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help in dermatology

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by dudedette, Dec 16, 2012.

1. dudedette

I wash myface every morning and night to pervent break outs but my pores won't seem to shrink.
    Instead my pores on my nose open so widely, that the pore becomes very visible at a far distant. not only that but over the day, my pores on my nose collects a lot of dirt.

My question is: how do I shrink the pores on my nose so that my skin on my nose looks smooth.

BTW how do you permenantley remove/destroy blemishes?

2. Praetor

Well, I can safely say I have experience in this sort of thing since I have dealt with this, and still to a lesser extent do, albeit not along the nose.

If you are just concerned with the nose, treatment of acne, pore blockage, etc. is a bit more difficult since it is thin skin tissue and is near mucous membranes.

First try using a good cleanser if you aren't already doing so. I've used this one lately: Keys Care :: Natural Skin Care :: Island Rx Foaming Facial Cleanser 236ml (8oz) It's gentle and not overly drying, and not full of synthetic stuff. If you want to go for something potentially more potent, then try something with BHA or AHA in it.

Drying agents like benzoyl peroxide will probably not be a great idea since it is the nose you are concerned with. Topical retinols and such may also not be a good idea since they work on similar methodology (but this is up to you).

Really all these methods, including antibiotics, treat the symptoms, and thus do not affect the size of the pore. If you are wanting to simply treat the size of the pore, then the only things I can think of are laser/IPL treatments, which can be pricey and may require multiple treatments for any effect, or isotretinoin/accutane, which has many side effects, and I would only recommend to somebody as a very last result which is seen as crucially needed.

And for blemishes, it depends on the type. Laser/IPL treats most types of redness. Antibiotic creams can treat healing wounds and redness related to them. Hydrocortisone creams may help with persistent rashes or redness but should only be used in a last resort due to potential side effects. Aloe Vera can sometimes subdue general redness, but not a great deal.

If you don't mind the price, the laser/IPL therapy sounds like it would be the best option.

3. dudedette

Laseer treatment does seem like the best option but it is way too pricey. My problem isn't that bad. I just have big nose pores and a little blemish.

I want a easy way to remove blemishes while reducing my nose pore size.
    My nose seems to create a lot of white heads.

---------- Post added 17th Dec 2012 at 07:58 AM ----------

thanks BTW

4. Praetor

Pore size varies a bit relative to temperature and moisture. Astringents and cold water may both at least help close pores, but will not have any major effect on size. Witch hazel is a common astringent.

And if you cleanse a lot, then actually cutting down how much you cleanse can help. Too much cleansing of any part of the skin will strip it, creating further problems as your body tries to compensate for damage or loss of nutrients and oils.

You could also try a scrub or mask. Bentonite clay powder mixed with apple cider vinegar works for some people to reduce pores. Both are very cheap:
    Amazon.com: Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Deep Pore Cleansing, 1 Pound: Beauty
    Apple Cidar Vinegar, Organic Raw Unflavored 32oz: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Above all, if it is bothering you I'd recommend seeing your doctor, or dermatologist if you have one.

5. dudedette

Thanks, I'll try to let my face create some natural oil.
    I think I'm washing my face too much....that might be the problem