1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skin Problems

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Adarya, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Adarya

I've noticed in the last year that my skin has seemed to be getting worse and worse and it's become incredibly sensitive. It's one of my greatest insecurities too and everything that has been popping up isn't really helping. First, I have psoriasis on both of the insides of my elbows, on my neck, and random patches always seem to appear on my legs. I’ve gone through about seven different skin lotions/creams in the last year, but only one- prescribed by a doctor for eczema- has appeared to work and I only had it in the first place because I got large patches of eczema on my middle fingers and that got so bad that my fingers started peeling, which was really gross. I also seem to react badly to cheap metal- I don’t wear earrings, the metallic bolts on my glasses has to be gone over with clear nail polish every two months, and I can barely wear belts because I get a metal reaction rash on my stomach. If I do happen to wear necklaces that are cheap metal my neck reacts right away- I once wore a metal necklace for three days in a row and the reaction rash lasted for over a month. There had been a complete ring of red all around my neck and nothing made it go away. Now, I can only wear necklaces made of sterling silver or another pricey material. Besides all of my rashes my skin in general just isn’t that great. I can rarely get a tan (I am either pale or I burn), acne on my face and in between my breasts has gotten to an all time high, I have more defined stretch marks even though I thought I was losing weight, and on my arms I have all of these tiny red bumps that I’ve heard has been called “chicken skin”. The area is always red, too.

Does anyone have any ideas about why my skin could be so sensitive? The possibility of allergic reactions has been brought up, but I haven’t found anything out about what I could possibly be allergic to.:confused: