1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Acne would you kindly go away

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Gazza123, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

ACNE!!!! I wish it would just bugger off. I mean I've settled with the fact that I am never gonna have perfectly clear skin but at least go away so I only have like one spot and not like... five or six or seven or OMG when I get rid of one another one appears.

I feel like its pulling me back and I have no idea what causes them. I'm done with face washes since every one I use, and I have used millions, seems to make it worse. I just have no idea what's causing it. I've changed my diet slightly, I try and drink more water and and that but to no avail I still get them.

Its getting annoying. I feel like everyone is looking at them and not me. I feel like a freak. I feel like no guy will ever like me, cause who wants to like a guy who has acne.

What do I do? The past stuff that my doctor percribed me just isn't working and they have to recommend you to a dermatologist which my take some persuasion.

I'm sick

2. Lad123

I understand your frustration. I have had acne since I started puberty and it got worse as I got older. It got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore and I finally went to see the doctor about it. I got prescribed Erythromycin pills (antibiotics), 2 pills taken twice a day, and Duac (topical gel) for every night. After the first week my skin cleared up lol I was amazed! I'm now in the middle of my 6th month of treatment and really hope it goes away forever but I just know it will come back.

Did you try other treatments? Have another go? What's wrong with going to the dermatologist?

3. Greendalehumans

I don't know how well this will work for you, but I always just dab some honey onto the spots before bed and wash it off in the morning. It won't get rid of everything, of course, but it helps me a lot. Especially if you get one of those ones that hurt a lot.
    Sorry I'm not much help :/
    My sister and mom swear by proactive, though.

4. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Thanks

I was prescribed tablets. I can't remember what they were called but they seemed to work at first but then just stopped.

A doctor has to recommend me to a dermatologist and if they don't then I can't see one.

I dunno... Some days they look alright and others they look terrible. It doesn't help when my mam says your spots are flaring what have you been using to cause it.

5. ForceAndVerve

People think that there is a link between stress and acne break outs, so if you can try to reduce your stress levels that may help.

And if it's any consolation, my crush has acne and I coudn't care one bit. I think you would have to be pretty shallow to concider ance off putting or a deal breaker. :lol:

6. DryOasis

DryOasis Guest

Did your dermatologist prescribe Accutane for you? Many people I knew in high school had moderate to severe acne and that treatment worked well for all of them.

7. integrand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OTC benzoyl peroxide cream and salicylic acid can be very helpful if you are diligent in their use. I have a few problem areas on my face, but I find that if I use benzoyl peroxide cream 2-3 times a day, I rarely get acne in those areas.

Another thing that helps, especially if you have a pimple that is fairly deep, is to get some bandaids and neosporin and sleep with that on the pimple overnight for a few nights and it will greatly reduce its size and redness and also help with the healing to reduce any potential scarring.

menscience.com has some great face washes that have salicylic acid and glycolic acid which could also help, but they are a little pricey.

8. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might want to see a doc, especially if you were taking a med to clear it up and it suddenly stopped working. There are many causes of acne, mostly bacterial, some are even caused by staphylococcus bacteria. Any bacteria can become resistant to treatments because no drug is 100% effective. That's how MRSA came into existance. Also, that's a reason you really should avoid taking antibiotics when you don't need to.

As far as your acne, though, you might want to consider different soaps, or even methods of cleaning yourself in the shower. I get acne on my chest somewhat regularly, and find that using Clearasil Ultra (Salicyclic Acid) about once or twice a week, and scrubbing harder on other days helps keep the outbreaks down.

9. TraceElement

I got a few things:
    ~don't touch your face... your hands will transfer dirt and germs.
    ~moisturize with an oil-free facial lotion daily. Dry skin can produce exessive oils to rehydrate skin.
    ~Put a hot rag on the pimples... it helps soothe the pain and expand pores.
    ~Use a clay mask that has salcyclic acid2-3 times weekly...it helps to draw out bacteria

10. Colours

I've heard drinking water helps moisturizing your skin from the inside, although it hasn't had much effect for me. Drinking water is never a bad thing though.

Not touching your face, like mentioned above, is a good tip as well. It's not an easy task though. At least for me it isn't.

11. integrand

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I've cut down on soda a TON and have been drinking mainly water and have seen only a small difference in the appearance of my skin. All the hype about sugar and stuff causing acne is pretty unsubstantiated. . . But like you said, drinking a lot of water is never bad regardless.

12. Ditz

Your best bet is a dermatologist. A pimple here or there is pretty normal but when you have clusters of inflamed pimples permanently its more likely to be acne.

I had as a teenager, no amount of over the counter creams or face wash seemed to help, neither did courses of antibiotics so eventually I ended up going to a dermatologist that placed me on a 6 month course of Reaccutan. It cleared everything up and kept it at bay for years. Had to go on a second course about 5 years ago as I had a relapse after 10 years of having no zits at all.

The treatment itself is hectic tough, your lips dry out, your eyes are dry and your skin is super sensitive to sunlight... But that said its totally worth it!

13. KillTheLights

This is going to sound really stupid, but try putting toothpaste on the acne every night for about a week. It should clear up quite a lot.

14. Lewis

I tried every product known to man and then realised I just needed a consistent regimen to combat my acne.

I use a gentle (oil free) cleanser to wash my face first and then gently pat my face dry. Reducing irritation to the skin is very important. I then lightly and gently apply a salysilic acid based moisturiser (also oil free) and let that dry. I also never touch my face or pop zits. If I get one I just spot treat with some benzoyl peroxide (neutrogina on the spot or acne.org BP).

Being gentle is really key though. When washing your face, lather the cleanser in your hands and lightly (almost not touching your skin at all) apply it with the palms of your hand. So rather than rubbing, just glide your hand across your skin. Same with the moisturising.

Consistency is also important. Don't change products every few weeks just because you think they're not working. Let your skin adjust to one product and give it time to work.

Last point, only wash twice a day, morning an night. Over irritation and stripping your face of its natural oils will just cause your face to produce more sebum which will lead to more acne.

Good luck! It's all about keeping it simple and gentle. :slight_smile:

15. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    sometimes it's a pretty simple cause. l know you've tried a lot of things but when l did ave it most treatments specifically for acne didn't work. Creams, etc.

What has kept my skin clear for 2+ years is Biore pore unclogging scrub. I'M SERIOUS. l use a lot of greasy shet on my face too, oils and creams.Also reside from hair products can be a trigger.

l would try using this every night (it's gentle) and also not using ANY hair products for 2 weeks or so just to see if your skin clears up. Then if it does you can work them back in.

But l swear to you it works for me and without it l react to the oils in most of the products l use and get HUGE cystic pimples. Also it even cleared up my skin when it went crazy from birth control so even if it is hormonal cleansing the right way can help/

16. Lewis

I use biore products too, so I can vouch for that. Although if you have inflamed cystic acne I would refrain from anything with the word 'scrub'.

17. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    :F yea l was gonna say. l think the BP products are good for clearing breakouts when you really shouldn't be touching or scrubbing your face. Long term they discolored my skin though -_-

18. photoguy93

There's a product called "Liquimat." It's a medicated coverup. A little goes a verrrrrrry long way.

I use it on the occasional pimple, but it sure it could be used for a few trouble spots, or at least for really bad pimples. It's not a pleasant smelling product, but it works. You put a little on, it covers it up, and it also dries that sucker up!

19. prism

I saw this on Imgur the other day. Impressive results!

20. Lewis

Using BP all-over like I used to turned my face a tan/red colour, it also dried the crap out of it. I used to peel like hell. It got my breakouts under control so I just stopped using it and now I just spot treat with it. It works, but has its drawbacks.