1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

red bull :(

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by interstella, Feb 24, 2008.

1. interstella

yesterday me and my former* best friend each had a can of red bull. i spent the next 12 hours glued to the toilet and he was fine. why?

h

ps. the former best friend turned out to be homophobic when i came out to him later that day :frowning2: i know thats bad but its even worse cos i have a crush on him!!!!!!!

2. Ty

Ty Guest

Maybe you didn't eat much? Red bull on its own can't be good. Or your body can't handle it perhaps?

3. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Red Bull is just vile and you should avoid it if possible. That being said, I've never heard of anyone throwing up because of it. ThatCrazyThang is probably on to something regarding the state of your stomach. If not that, then your body is probably just reacting to its nastiness.

It was banned in Canada for quite a few years because one of its main ingredients, taurine, is considered bad for the heart. It's a shame they let it in eventually.

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I understand it can only be sold to people aged 18 or over here in the UK, but I may be wrong.

5. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't be surprised... of course, much like with alcohol, that probably doesn't prevent that much of a barrier to clever people who aren't yet 18.

6. interstella

well the guy who sold it to us from blockbuster didnt ask for an Id (we're 14)

and I didnt throw up, it was diahorrea :frowning2:

7. Bader

Bader Guest

i hate those kind of drinks *power drinks* they are so not natural and full of artificial crap.
    maybe it was expired ?

8. atofu

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    my friend's addicted to red bull lol i have to follow him to the shop everyday afterschool so he can buy some :dry:

9. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Maybe it contains aspartame, which is an artificial sweetener. Too much of it can have a laxative effect. Perhaps even the smallest amount was too much for you.

10. interstella

yeah probably

11. Ty

Ty Guest

Nope, I can buy it from any news agent.

12. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Markie must have been mistaken then.

13. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I believe there's a sugar-free and sugared version of Red bull. The sugar free variety would contain Aspartame while the regular version won't. After all, sugar is a very important part of keeping you wired.

14. Zec24

I would imagine those warning you about aspartame might be right. I hate red bull, it speeds up my heart way too much. It also makes me sick to my stomach. I had to drink it once on a long drive I took by myself so I wouldn't fall asleep at the wheel.

While it did keep me awake, I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I think the cons outweighed the pros there.

15. Phantasma

Red Bull CAN be dangerous for you depending on the circumstances, but to me it sounds like a combination of having too much on an empty stomach combined with a large "overdose" of aspartame, like Bromptonrocks suggested.

Obviously something in the mixture doesn't agree with your body, so I'd avoid it from now on if I were you. At the school ski trip last year my friend drank five of them and, (other than being tired as hell when the buzz wore off), was fine.

16. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

i dont drink red bull because it is expensive for its portion, but i do drink monster.

17. Jace

I used to really like red bull but I read this thing on how it speeds up your heart and you can die or something, so yeah one time I had a red bull with a hot dog, it was so nasty especially the mustard

18. Vampyrecat

I have had red bull twice. Both times I ended up shaking on the floor and unable to stand up. My mother doesn't know about either of those times.

The caffeine content of those is shocking in itself, without the other ingredients. Like, It'll completely trip you out and wire you up, just from the caffeine hit.
    My advice.
    Next time, eat something first.
    Also, only have half a can. You're only meant to have half a can a day actually cos of the amount of crap in them.

19. JWAD

JWAD Guest

Sorry this is kinda off subject but still relevant.

as a word to the wise NEVER no matter what mix red bull with alcohol, ever. The combined effect of both drastically speeding up your heart and slowing it panick your body in a way and can cause heart attacks. I know someone who did mix them reguarlly then just one time it gave him a heart attack and if it wasn't for a quick dash to the hospitol he would be dead. Perhaps thats what you read , although it is also dangerous on its own so I never drink it.

20. Paralyzer

the same thing happened to 3 people I know, except they drank Monster..