1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to prevent yourself from crying?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MerBear, Dec 30, 2012.

1. MerBear

i dont know why i'm crying ,actually its because of a situation with my online ex gf.
    i believe she has officially left and i have my reason and now i feel torn...

i shouldn't be crying right? she's just some girl i know online , for 7 months but she's online?
    why am i crying over some girl online?

doesn't make sense ....

#1 MerBear, Dec 30, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  2. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Holding in emotion can actually cause physical damage just so you know, you shouldn't hold it in.

You should be happy you can cry, the only times I can cry is when I'm so drunk I'm close to blacking out on the floor, and believe me I wish I could, as it's a much easier way to relieve emotion.

The reason people turn to things like alcohol and drugs is (usually) because they need them as crutches because they can't relieve the emotional pain they're going through.

As for your specific problem, the only things that will help with a breakup are: time, distance and someone else to focus on. I know it's hard, but try to keep your head up.

All the best.

3. Naomilly92

You stay strong, because no matter what. You're stronger than this

4. MerBear

we didn't break up. we weren't together but she just left...i know because i gave her an email and it's a week since i last heard from and i know she's been online because she's been posting poems on her blog , she posted one this afternoon and she usually does respond even if she doesn't know what to say

her poems are alarming me too
    but thank you

---------- Post added 30th Dec 2012 at 04:13 PM ----------

i don't know ...i can't without her , if she's not in my life...i don't know what i'm going to do.
    i know she's online but i mean....she's mean more a lot to me

5. starfish

So I've had to be the strong one for so long, and hold my feeling back that I have lost the ability to feel just about anything. The few times that I can feel anything it comes in this explosion that could level small cities.

I had to do this because it is what I had to do in order to survive. If you don't have to do it I don't recommend it.

If you feel sad, let your self feel sad. If you need to cry, it is ok to cry.

6. MerBear

i wish she could come back. i want to talk to her but...i don't know

7. Naomilly92

I've had several situations where I could have burst into tears and breakdown, but I've held back the tears and tried to stay as strong as possible, as it's the best thing to do

8. snowflurry

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you're going through a tough time, don't prevent yourself from crying! letting out the tears actually releases some chemical in your body...forget what it is...but it's supposed to make you feel good. That's why after you cry you feel a lot better.

9. Naomilly92

stay strong, it gets better

10. MerBear

thank you. i just don't to cry too much you know.

11. Tiny Catastrophe

You're young still. It may seem like the worst thing ever right now but you'll get through it and you'll look back on it later and it won't seem like such a big thing. The worst thing you can do is dwell on it and let it consume you. Distract yourself and tell yourself there are other girls out there because there are.

12. MerBear

yeah i know ...it's just she means a lot to me and to lose doesn't just feel like the end of the world , it feels like i lost all sense in life. that nothing will ever make sense the way it did with her

but hopefully i'll find someone

13. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's actually a well-known stereotype that girls cry for, what guys understand, no reason whatsoever. I'm sorry to hear you're having such a bad time, but as much as you may disagree, I think crying is beautiful too. It is a powerful way of dealing with emotions that are just too much. Not only that, but it doesn't mean you're weak either. It just means you have strong feelings.

What I learned from a book called Tuesdays with Morrie, however, is a healthy way of dealing with things that make you feel this way. If you feel like breaking down, do it. Afterwards, say to yourself "That's enough of that" and do something constructive. Continuously holding it all in hurts a lot worse than just going ahead with crying and taking steps to get over it.

(*hug*) Good luck, friend.

14. Chickzak

Hey there =) Some wise words from RSwordsman, absolutely agree about what he said about crying. Its a great way to relieve your emotions and make you feel better. Have a good cry, let it all flush out of your system, then say to yourself: You need to get back on track so stop thinking about it so much.

And thats what you need to do. Try to stop thinking about her so much and focus on your own life. And ah, I know its so tough. To some, it might not seem like a major deal because you hadn't met the girl, but I understand how you're feeling. Really, I knew a girl for something around 9 months before we stopped talking. It was similar to your situation where she was my online girlfriend and we had stopped talking. We didnt explicitly agree to split, but you figure when she stops replying to your messages.

What I said above, it sounds kind of lame spelling it out, but honestly... you have to move on. If she's made it clear she doesnt want to keep contact, try to let go and get on with your life. You're definitely going to miss her but after some weeks, you won't feel *as* bad and will find you can live without her.

Okay, so you've figured you're not talking. When I was in your situation, I moped around for a while. Not really knowing what to do with myself. Wanting to text her. I wrote so many texts, but read each one so many times before sending it. Like I was afraid of worsening our relationship. Its unreal when I think back, because I know I spent too long holding onto something that I knew was dead. What was the point?
    So if I have any regrets or if I had the chance to go back and change something it'd be this: After I knew we had stopped talking, I had a cry.-- That was good. The next day, I should have erased everything I could of her. It sounds so harsh but its a really good way of moving on. She treated me like ...craap after months of being such good friends. So for the sake of getting on with my own life, I should have deleted her mobile number, her pictures, her email address, (could have removed her from facebook as a friend--but she got there before me), all her text messages, etc. Because otherwise, you'll always be able to talk to her. You'll always feel tempted to ring her up or look at previous messages or photos. Its best to be strict with yourself and then give yourself something else to focus on.

Keep yourself busy. Stay on EC and make new friends =) If you dont want to cry, find yourself something or a space where you can relieve your frustration through exercise. I find it helps punching something soft when I'm annoyed or kicking something so bad it hurts (nothing crazy!), just so it distracts me and sorts my head out. When something reminds you of her, imagine something else. I know for sure its hard but you'll get through it. I know it!! If you want someone to talk to or vent, I'm always here =) And EC isnt going anywhere either. Hope you work it out!

15. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

This probably isn't the best thing out there, but I've damn near mastered it. Hold your breath, look up, clench your fists and let your nails dig in- sitting on your hands... When it doesn't work I shut myself in a quiet room and blast my eardrums out with my earbuds and try to lose my reality in the music... Keep the lights off... x'(