1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cleaning cock

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by whyy, Feb 26, 2008.

1. whyy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was reading the circumcision post and some people said that they were cut and others uncut... I personally am uncut... some posters said that those that were uncut need to clean it properly but I am unsure of what they meant by this... how do you clean your cock 'properly'...

I know... random post lol

2. Bromptonrocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Don't worry about the random question...we're here to help.

What the other posters mean is cleaning under the foreskin particularly the head of the penis.

Very simply, when taking a bath or having a shower you pull your foreskin back and wash the head and also under the head. It may be a little sensitive at first but you soon get used to it. Just incorporate it as part of your showering technique and it soon becomes second nature. Don't forget to rinse off any soap or shower gel and then pat dry.

If you don't wash the head, and particularly during your teens, "gunge" (called smegma) builds up and can lead to infection and a badly smelling penis!! The "street" name for smegma is cock cheese, so you can imagine what it looks like!!

Hope this helps.

#2 Bromptonrocks, Feb 26, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  3. KaraBulut

A lot of it will depend on how much foreskin you have and how tight it is around the head of your penis.

Any place on your body where skin rubs together can grow bacteria and build up dead skin cells. The advise above is exactly what you need to do.

The important thing is to rinse the area between the foreskin and the head of your penis to remove dead skin, lint and anything else that may be there. Just clean gently with a soap and a wet washcloth- no need to scrub or use anything rough.

Also try to dry the area afterward with your towel since moist skin can grow bacteria and fungus which is what causes the funky smell that some people can get in that area.

Hope this helps.