1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sometimes I have random Panic Attacks

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by VyreRain, Jan 1, 2013.

1. VyreRain

Sometimes I get random out of the blue panic attacks ... is that weird or? I'm just wondering I don't dealt care I was just curious...

---------- Post added 1st Jan 2013 at 06:35 PM ----------

Ignore the word Dealt I have no idea why autocorrect put it in there

2. ORly

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to get panic attacks "out of the blue" too, but in my case I eventually found that there was a trigger.

3. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How long do your panic attacks last, and how often do you have them?

4. VyreRain

Well I get the for like twenty to thirty minutes .... not to often but I do get them.

5. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know you said they're random, but do you think that maybe something could have triggered them?
    You could have panic disorder. If you Google it, it will tell you all about it. I was diagnosed with it when I was 15. I had severe panic attacks for years. When I told my doctor, he prescribed me with Lexapro, and within 2 weeks, I was back to normal. :slight_smile:

6. tapsilog2012

tapsilog2012 Guest

Yes I get panic attacks, there usually is a trigger for me....even if its a gradual buildup of stress (a whole bunch of stressful events that you THINK you are handling), and then one small thing, like forgetting where you put your keys, that tips the balance

7. VyreRain

Well the panic attacks have subsided for now.... but I do get really bad head aches that hurt my eyes, i dunno what's up but my best solution is to ignore it and maybe it'll go away. And I didn't want to get into but .... mostly when I went to shower or when I'm in dark places the panic attacks would happen..

8. isobella

You may have a panic disorder. Speak to a doctor about your symptoms. :slight_smile:

9. VyreRain

No doctors...... no way ain't happening.

10. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
  11. Deaf Not Blind

a girl at my church got them so bad she didn't leave house for weeks. she did see a doctor. it is a real issue and needs to be checked out. you can't hold a job if you get a bad one like she did, and can lose friends.

12. tapsilog2012

tapsilog2012 Guest

I think (at least for me) speaking to a counselor and learning techniques to manage anxiety is more useful for panic attacks. If you can't afford counseling there are tons of good books on managing anxiety, my favorite is "The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook".

I usually do deep breathing, and a kind of "body scanning" thing where I try to feel my whole body when Im going into a stressful situation. I also have to eat healthier and get more regular sleep, exercise and water than most people to avoid panic attacks.

If I start getting claustrophobic and anxious (like in a busy mall on Boxing Day) I make sure I step outside and take a breather. I usually carry an ipod everywhere with me and I can sit with it and close my eyes and shut out the world. I love music so I kind of "lose myself" in the sounds and instruments and it really helps.

I agree you can lose friends who don't understand what panic disorder is but those people are not real friends anyways.

#12 tapsilog2012, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2013