1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get hair like this?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by kylegf2011, Jan 2, 2013.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I didn´t know where to post this, but I was just wondering, do you guys know how could one achieve a hairstyle like this on?

[​IMG]

I mean what would you call this type of style, how long would you have to grow it out? do you have to cut it every month so it grows better? what product do you use to style it?

I just think it looks awesome :icon_redf

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heh, so many guys near me have this hair and I assume people think it's normal. I think it's hotter than f*** :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: especially when they wear hats and their long hair sticks out of the sides. I badly wish I could look exactly like that guy. My hair has a determined part straight down the middle though and I'm not a "spend more than ten seconds combing my hair" kind of guy, so I don't see it happening. :/

If you plan on getting it though, just show a similar picture to the hairstylist and say "I want it to look like this." They'll get you set up and show you how to maintain it, I'm sure.

#2 Argentwing, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And... go to a quality salon. Supercuts and the chain places, the stylists are all trained to do exactly the same hairstyle on everyone. (Had a long talk with a couple of stylists from the chain hair places, and it's a pretty miserable place for anyone with any creativity.) It costs a bit more, but a really good stylist will make you look amazing.

Also, keep in mind, in the picture above, it looks like the guy has highlights, so you'd need to get those as well.

Pics are a must once you do it! :slight_smile:

4. 6ix

6ix

If your hair isn't naturally straight you'll probably need a flat iron and some hairspray to maintain the look as well.

5. KaraBulut

It's a variation on the 60's Mop Top hairstyle. It has side-swept fringe where instead of combing the hair straight down, it's been parted on the side and blown forward with a brush and blow-dryer.

6. Derecho97

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My hair is similar to that, and I want it to look like that, but I can't get it the same.

7. gggualigeee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Maybe this is called Bieber style.

8. SunSparks

heeheehee... my hair is similar to that... I do agree that you should do to a nice salon if you want to get it right the first time but a general overview of how to get it.... sorry, this isn't going to be organized - im just writing as it comes to me

first of all... you want your hair layered... just tell the person who cuts your hair to layer it... of course it has to be reasonably long to do that... oh, how long? you don't have to start as long as the picture... you can start with hair about mid-ear long... and you want your hair longer on top than sides/back. you need reasonably straight hair - you don't have to straighten it with a flat iron but a hot blow dryer will do the trick! Using a flat iron will keep the volume of your hair down so if you have really volomuous hair (idk how to spell that), you want to use a flat iron, otherwise, no need or else you hair becomes too flat. For the products, you want to use an anti-frizz serum and a heat protectant when blow drying... thats really the minimum you need... you will also need some hairspray if it gets windy b/c this type of hair tends to get messed up. I personally use anti-frizz and a concoction of light oils because i shampoo everyday (you dont need to) and I dont let my natural oils rejuvinate my hair much... moroccan argan oil also works as a heat protectant. For the hair spray - I only use it right now b/c it is windy - but when its not so windy, I don't use it - you hair feels so much softer without it! Anyways, with the styling of it... with damp hair, work in the anti-frizz serum and oils/heat protectant if you have. Be sure to cover the tips of your hair more rather than the roots. comb your hair to make sure all your hair is covered in the product. Blow dry your hair: since you are also sort of straightening, you need to basically comb and follow exactly behind with the blowdryer... for the front/bangs area, you needs a part on the side of your head.. comb the closer side down and diagonal towards your mouth/chin area and the top over to the other side. Comb the back side down and the other side down. For the bangs area, start from the part and comb the hair across your forehead. Do all the combings multiple times. Then, on the side away from the part, you need to basically combine the bangs and side to flow down your temple... the picture shows it wonderfully... you see how the bangs tips and the side hair touching it all come to a point... you need to comb your side hair to do that. Stop the blow drying now... after you combed through those steps multiple times (ie do comb 1 five times, then comb 2 fives times rather than comb 1, then 2, then 1, then 2 for 5 times). to finish up, you want to comb the back part of the top straight across to the far side (away from part) and then the front of the top diagonally toward that point I talked about... you can then spray some hair spray or oil or both to hold it and give it an extra shine. in between hair cuts, you need to keep the back and sides trimmed or else it will become too long and ugly... the hair that goes into that point also needs to be trimmed. I personally trim my own hair because its easier and I know how to but dont do it if you feel you will mess it up - remember, you do have layered hair! - its not just a straight cut.

OH! And thats just my style of it.... you can skip out of a few things like the light oils and stuff if you want a more messy look. if you want more of a shine - which looks really good - sleep with almond oil in your hair once or twice a week and wash it out... it naturally makes it shiny and have lots of great nutrients for your hair! if you see your hair being too unmanageable - you need to condition.

This just looks like a lot but its more of details details... it only takes me 20 min a day for my hair and thats with 5 products and using a flat iron. Again, just an outline - it will take some practice... but you will look gorgeous! [​IMG]

9. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, this is great!! thx sunsparks!! :icon_bigg

10. SunSparks

Oh! I forgot to mention, by the end, your part shouldn't be very visible but rather more a circular part on one side of the back of the top... it happens from diagonally combing the side close to the part....

And your welcome ^_^

11. Capichino

It is all most a bowl but not excatly thare I wish I had my hair like that