1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question for yogis

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by sunnii, Jan 3, 2013.

1. sunnii

I watched an old Madonna interview where she said yoga changes your. Molecular structure-in this context she was referring to how at that time (1998) she eat what she wanted ie chocolate cheese butter etc and didn't worry about gaining weight.

Anyway is it true your molecular structure changes and if so what does that actually mean?

Namaste Xx

2. Hexagon

I don't see how one's molecular structure could change... perhaps she meant muscular. Anyway, changing the molecular structure would seem to be changing the composition of the cells, and I don't think thats possible. But if I'm wrong, anyone, feel free to correct me.

3. 6ix

6ix

Yeah are you sure she said molecular and not muscular? Regardless, you would not experience molecular changes. I'm not surprised that the statement is from 1998; there was a lot of bad but generally accepted information floating around back then (and even today) lol...

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Muscular yes, Molecular erm don't think so.

Practicing yoga makes your body more flexible.

5. IkeaMonkey

People who do yoga call each other yogis?

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ya, sorry, but if yoga kept people from gaining weight from eating fattening foods, it would be all over the media. Madonna's had a lot of strange views on things over the years, I wouldn't take her very seriously as a conduit for reliable scientific, or even spiritual, information :slight_smile:

7. tapsilog2012

tapsilog2012 Guest

@sunnii I work desk/cleaner in a yoga studio and I am around a lot of instructors who worry about their weight constantly, so no, I don't think Madonna was onto something.

Yoga is very good for you though, strength and flexibility and keeping your joints and different body systems healthier.

#7 tapsilog2012, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2013