1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really late period.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by oblina, Jan 5, 2013.

1. oblina

So usually my period is rather regular, I haven't been on any birth control in over a year, but that's because I left my boyfriend when I came out of the closet. I have only had sex with my girlfriend in the past 8 months. Usually my period is right after hers, so she had hers and I began to wait for mine. And it just hasn't come. I'm almost a month late now and it's kind of freaking me out. About two months ago I quit taking my anti depressants because of side effects and haven't had the money to return to my home state to see the Doctor About new ones, and im veru stressed, but im still scared three weeks is too long to be okay...:icon_sad:

2. jaysuss

My sister has really irregular periods where she will go sometimes 4 months without getting one. It freaks us all out but in the end she is fine. Best Of Luck.

3. cloudburn

My period is like that too, I'll go 2 or 3 months without one, and then have a period for 2 days and that's it.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think that stress can effect your periods. I know that when I am really stressed out, my periods are not normal.

5. animequeen567

When I'm super stressed, my period is usually 2-4 weeks late.

---------- Post added 6th Jan 2013 at 12:25 AM ----------

So it's probably stress.

6. isobella

Don't worry. If you're absolutely definitely not pregnant, which you obviously aren't, you've no need to worry. It'll come in its own time. x

7. RainbowBright

It's probably nothing, just stress, but if takes longer, or happens again, go to the gynecologist and get checked out. It can be an imbalance of hormones, which you'd want to fix because that can harm other parts of your body, or a physical obstruction, or other things that are treatable but you'd want to get checked out.

Also, as a note, girls can stop getting periods if they have lost too much weight. I notice a lot of posts about people trying to control their weight on EC, and girls need to keep in mind that actually you need a certain amount to be healthy - it's actually not very cool if your body stops because you're too thin, it means there's something wrong. Not saying this relates to you, but since we're on the subject, that is another possible explanation for why a girl's period would stop or be less regular other than pregnancy.

It's worth noting though that you are usually regular and suddenly you're not, it means something is off with your body, so watch to see what happens. Stress is the most likely answer. If it's not stress, check it out and see if it's hormonal or something else. Better to know for sure than wonder.

8. TheUglyBarnacle

This. I've had the "too thin" issue and it's weird how it works. You don't have to be anorexic, just a bit underweight.

But it's very likely that it's stress, too.

9. IkeaMonkey

I've just sent 3 kings bearing gifts to your location.

10. GreenSkies

GreenSkies Guest

If this is just a one time thing, it's probably not something to worry about, but if this starts becoming normal, it might be a good idea to see a gynecologist, because there are health issues such as some thyroid problems and PCOS that can cause irregular periods.