1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

friend Start cutting

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Iceman110295, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Iceman110295

last week i notice that my friends had cuts on his arm. he would tell me that he cut arm on purpose. me and him are going though the same problem being gay and cant come out or we get kick out. with me i play sports most of the time to cope with my problem he doesn't like sport so i don't know what to get his mind off of the problem we face right now. i told him he need to stop but he said it help him feel good and cope with life
    how i'm i going to help him if i don't know how to help myself

2. bri333865

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wish i could help, i'm having an issue with a friend of mine, quite simmiler to this. she keeps claiming she's stopping, but she isn't and me and my other friend don't know what to do. i know that getting help isn't going to work, she already has a therapist who is clueless. i don't know what to do either. she's gone through so much, being bi like me, and also being hurt by her mothers 2nd husband before he was found out to be abusing her. how do i help someone who is already so broken. i don't know, but you're not alone in worring about these issues
    i know it dosent help, but i wanted to tell someone who would understand.

3. VyreRain

Well cutting isn't all that bad..... just take the knifes away from them and give them some midol? I'm just making suggestions or get your friends a musical instrument or get them to be creative and write a poem or a story, or give them something to draw or paint .... try something .... if you have to resort to the midol then your not trying... give your friends something to focus on other than cutting ...

---------- Post added 13th Jan 2013 at 01:20 AM ----------

I hope you can give your friends a reason not to cut.... I had a friend who cut his arms arms looked horrible... so ... try your best to help your friend ...

4. Two of my closest friends cut each other. Once they started, it was hard to stop. Try to help your friend stop before it gets more out of hand than it already is. Atleast try to assure him that when he physically wounds himself, he may also emotionally scar others close to him. Not much more advice I can give.

Best of luck to both of you.

5. bri333865

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    it really is that bad.:tears:
    and giving them something else to focas on won't work. my friend is in the color guard, is a wonderful artist, in the anime club. my other friends have tried taking her knives, but she always finds more.

6. VyreRain

@bri333865 .... your probably right..... and I'm guessing you don't want to make them drug addicts.... send them to rehab for cutting?

7. bri333865

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    maybe....last time that happened I didn't know her, but i assume it didn't work. i suppose i'll just have to keep an eye on her and try to convince her that it hurts not ony her, but her friends too.

8. VyreRain

@bri. Just don't let your friend find the scripts .... their more trouble than their worth.