1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stress Problems?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by TheQuietTreader, Jan 12, 2013.

1. TheQuietTreader

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I am in the midst of high school, and this is my first year with AP classes. I also very recently came out to a good friend. And for the past couple days since then I've sometimes became really dizzy just thinking about how stressful my life is. It even IT only happens when I'm alone and have a lot of time to think. I breath really quick and have to sit down or hold onto a wall or something to support me. I wouldn't have posted this except these 'episodes' have been getting longer and longer. They used to last only like 5 seconds. Now on friday I had one that lasted almost 30 seconds. Them in itself doesn't really concern me. I just wanted to know if it would cause other problems if it got worse. Also, if it happened during a stressful moment when I have to talk in front of people or during a socially stressful situation it would concern me.
    I'm really busy with school, church, cross-country, homework, being on here (xD, it's a job!), and family. This might sound a little weird but I also broke out in hives like 4 days ago (I still have them, taking benadryl though so they aren't itchy). Can hives be caused from stress? I've never had an allergic reaction in my life and the doctors couldn't pin-point what I got the rash from. Is it just a fluke I got hives? Thanks EC!!! (&&&)

2. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

The first thing you described sounds reminiscent of a panic attack. If you would like, I could describe what one feels like for me. As for hives, yes, stress very well could cause that. Google "Stress and utricaria" and you'll find some more information on stress and hives.

3. TheQuietTreader

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sure, if its OK with you, describe a panic attack. I'll search that up on google also.

4. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

Panic attacks are different for everyone and you could be having limited symptom panic attacks. For me my tinnitus (constant high pitched ear ringing) worsens, then this strange wave of pressure washes over my body from my head to feet and back up. My heart starts racing, I start breathing heavily and quickly (yet at the same time it feels like I can't breathe), then my mind starts racing with all sorts of concerns and fears and I feel the need to sit or lay down, cover my eyes and my ears. When I was in high school the concerns would often be what sort of work and other responsibilities I have -basically everything stressing me. Mine usually last for 30 minutes to an hour, 2-3 hours at the worst but the duration is a lot shorter for other people. Also keep in mind that they feel different for everyone but the defining characteristic is the sudden onset of apprehension.

Wikipedia article for panic attacks. Now don't go scaring yourself by reading about mental disorders on wikipedia.

#4 plasticcrows, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  5. TheQuietTreader

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Don't worry I've read plenty of stuff like that.

6. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

Sadly that's all I can do for you. I can barely handle my own stress, much less give advice to others on dealing with it.

7. Ditz

Sounds like a panic attack to me too... Have you spoken to a councillor or your doc about it? They might be able to help.

8. VyreRain

Wow ..... you guys get panic attacks ... you might want to try breathing techniques. Err something Bc if you get stressed out enough you can start getting stress induced head aches .... :slight_smile: so talk to yerr. Doc err something

9. KaraBulut

Based upon the systems you've described, you need to talk with your doctor. There are some physical conditions that can cause the symptoms that you describe. Once those physical causes are eliminated, then they can start evaluating for conditions like panic attack.

10. TARDISDude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've found that breathing exercises are the best remedy for panic attacks. I imagine inhaling, and then SLOWLY inflating a giant soap bubble, exhaling completely. It used to always help with my anxiety attacks.