1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've not been as fit as I was before Xmas. I feel sore too

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by sunnii, Jan 14, 2013.

1. sunnii

From the Thursday before Xmas to the Friday after Xmas I didn't go to the gym. Over that period however I worked a lot and I work at a supermarket where I'm on my feet all day so I was still active on some level. Anyway since I've returned I've never felt like 100%. I'd start running on the treadmill like normal but be dying very early on.threre are times I can power through and run for 10 mins but even when I do it's not great. I do a lot of cardio normally ie treadmill stairmaster rowing machine and the cross trainer and I still use 3 of those machines a session (except from last Friday which was my last session where I was just done in). I also do yoga at home but even at that I feel less flexible and my legs in particular just hurt.

I've tried giving myself rest days (which in itself is a challenge for me) but sometimes a rest day can include a 9 hour shift at work). I'm off work all week and I don't have my car so I'm going to be lazy today and see how I feel tomorrow.

But what bothers me is that I'm eating stuff like chocolate and bad carbs lately. I eat well over the Xmas period but I've been a wee bit down and kind of comfort eating which motivates me to run any weight I may gain. Also I do exercise to make me feel better so like days like today or days like Friday where I had to leave the gym early I feel shit.

I only go to the gym 3 or sometimes 4 days a week, the other days I do yoga in the house