1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cold sores

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by artcat, Jan 15, 2013.

1. artcat

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Me and a girl kissed the other day. I have always gotten cold sores since I was a baby, and this is stupid but i was afraid to tell her because I was afraid she would be upset (i know bad idea). I did not have a cold sore the day i kissed her, but the exact day after i have some sort of rash on my lip, probably a cold sore. I don't know how to tell her i get cold sores but i really don't want to give them to her, and I know that if we ever have sex, she would have to know about my cold sores too . somebody help please...

2. KaraBulut

The chances are pretty good that your girlfriend already has herpes simplex I (HSV-1 which causes cold sores).

Read through this old thread (and the thread that is mentioned in it) and it will explain that about 70-90% of humans are HSV-1 carriers, so it usually doesn't matter if you have a cold sore and you kiss someone:

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/anonymous-discussions/62893-kissing-cold-sores.html

3. artcat

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks, the link helped