1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

headache or migraine

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by MerBear, Jan 16, 2013.

1. MerBear

okay today while i was in class , after the exam i started to get a headache and by the time i came home , it was really hurting so eventually i fell asleep but for it to only get worse , i woke up to it really hurting and i started to feel hot and nauseous then a few min later i became cold and shaky and now my headache i still there but its reduced but i still feel cold and shaky

the pain was in the front of my headache and now it's on left side on my head

2. Naomilly92

Sounds like a migraine. Sometimes they reoccur the day after, sometimes just for a while, but they can become a full grown migraine, 2 anadin extra should get rid of that. If it becomes a reoccurring trend you might wanna see a doctor, or keep a diary of everything you eat, drink, and the amount of sleep you've had, which could help find the cause to your headaches

3. MerBear

i have a lot of headaches but rarely migraines and thank you! :slight_smile:

4. Naomilly92

I would advise seeing a doctor, they may be able to point you in a right direction. But ere could be so,etching that you're doing to cause the headache that you're not realising, I.e. lacking sleep

5. MerBear

yeah , i've had trouble sleeping the past days

6. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    l have migraines. They make you WEIRD...lol. is the difference for me.

But mine are mostly optic migraine with aura(flashing lights in front of eyes).So it's obvious, l really only get a dull headache but the aura hits and l feel weird evev before it does.

usually pretty spaced out and my sense of smell changes. For days afterward my memory is awful. My speech is a little weird.

A migraine can sometimes hurt less than a regular headache but takes A LOT more out of you IME.

7. MerBear

yeah. my back is killing me right right now and i still have the headache but im shaky as hell

8. photoguy93

What about your eyes? Any vision changes before? A lot of migraine sufferers talk about the "Aura's" they see. Like, the first one I had made me feel like I looked into the sun too long. Sometimes it's like Squiggly lines. Can be annoying! Advil and Tylenol usually help me. There is some different school of thought. Some say caffeine helps...others say it makes it worse. So if you try a different kind of headache pill, just be vigilant.

9. MerBear

well my eyes hurt when i had the headache at the worst point , i didn't have aura's but i was sensitive to light

10. photoguy93

Ok. Ok. It could just be a really bad headache. But if it keeps happening, go to a doctor. Migraines usually do have other symptoms, which sounds like you have. Also, is the pain in one specific spot? Usually it feels like there's an ice pick shoved into my eye. Tension headaches feel like your head is being squeezed.

11. MerBear

it's more on the front of my head

12. photoguy93

Ok, ok. Well, take what works for me. Also, do what works for you - rest, sleep, etc. keep a list of when this happens and wha it is like. My doctor told me they can't really diagnose until they have a history.

And there are meds they can put you on, so it's not the end of the world. You will be ok. Message me if you ever need to talk!

13. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It sounds like you have a migraine. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I know how awful migraines can be. They make you want to just lay down and die.

I used to get a migraine at least once a week from the time I was 16 up until half a year ago. My migraines were so bad that it hurt to talk. Like you, I would get nauseous and start to overheat, then get cold and start to shake. I would have to take off my clothes and lay in my bathroom floor near the bathtub just in case I needed to vomit. Tylenol and Advil never helped with my migraines. And since I was 16 when these migraines began, my girlfriend (at the time) told me I shouldn't take aspirin until I was at least 18 because of the possibility of Reye's Syndrome. But once I was 18, I took and Excedrin and within 20 minutes, my migraine began to fade.

Half a year ago I found out I have Pseudotumor cerebri, which is why I had such horrible migraines. I had no idea this disease even existed. What's even weirder is that it usually happens to women who are overweight and going through menopause, and I'm neither of those, lol. But now my doctor has me on Diamox, and now I only get brief headaches.

Did you skip breakfast this morning? Your blood sugar might be too low.
    Does this happen to you often? If I were you, I'd see a doctor. Because for you to have headaches this often, there could be something going on that a doctor needs to know about.

14. GabrielTai

Get a cool damp wash cloth and place it over your eyes and forehead for a while. That usually helps a bit. Also, sage, mint, lavendar and several other herbal teas are good for dispelling headaches. I have migraines now and then, so I know how much they suck. I hope you get over it quickly.

15. Invisigoth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i also get migraines, i cant stand to be in the light when they come, my sense of smell become heightened to the point where everything makes me sick. my stomach becomes very queesy, the only thing that i can do is go into a dark room and lie down. nothing i take helps certainly not 'take two anidin extras' .. i get them at least three or four times a month.. they suck!

16. Sweet Witch

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I get migranes too and they just get worse the next day if I don't take anything. I usually take excedrin and it helps, but it's a good idea to go to the doctor to check it out. A little advice on avoiding migraines: don't sleep too little or too much, keep on a normal sleeping schedule, don't skip meals, drink a lot of water and hope for the best. Lack of sleep or changing my sleep schedule is the biggest cause of migraines for me but theyre just random sometimes also.

17. Jim

Jim

I get migraines A LOT. I've had one each day for the last week, they suck ass. I've neve gone to the doctor about it, but I probably should. If it bothers you a lot, then you should too, but it's up to you.

18. Naomilly92

I get migraines maybe once every 2/3 months. Mine are caused by rigorous exercise strangely enough. I occasionally get headaches, but not migraine headaches