1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panic...

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by LEZmis4, Jan 17, 2013.

1. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm having a really bad anxiety night. This is verging upon launching into a panic attack. I don't want to be alone...and I live alone...and my friends aren't home...and I shouldn't drive when I'm like this because I can't concentrate on what's happening around me...
    I don't know what to do. I can't think straight...:help:

2. MerBear

why do you have bad anxiety right now?

3. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am not completely sure. Although, work is not great right now...and home is worse...so...

I'm usually in some sort of panic mode. Tonight, is just worse than usual.

4. MerBear

well when im in panic mode , i usually look for a source to talk it out with someone and the start breathing slowly , taking deep breaths but if it's worse than normal , maybe ...getting everything off your chest can help. i need to get a stress ball in case i go into a panic state.

i have anxiety issues too. maybe you should get one. it can help

5. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I actually have one someplace. I just took my medication. I hate it, because it makes me completely zombie-like...but that's preferable to feeling like I want to punch something, I guess.

6. MerBear

yeah. i got like that when i was on this new ADHD medicine , i hated it.
    and that's good you have one. i need to get one. especially at school.
    do you think it will help? im not sure because everyone deals with their anxiety differently.

i apologize if im being random. im trying to see different possibility's that could help but i do hope the stress ball will help :slight_smile:

7. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The stressball can help. If I get really panicky, I tend to make my hands into fists...and sometimes I do that so hard that my nails cut into the palm of my hand. So, the stressball has helped relieve that some. :slight_smile:

I've found the two biggest things that have helped are therapy and medication, though.

8. MerBear

well yeah , that helps too haha.

i should go into therapy and should be on medication but honestly , my childhood consisted of therapist and counselors and for some reason i never told them about my sister...and what she was doing to my mom. im such an idiot. i always wonder how i never told them about what was going on. beats me

yeah , definitely....therapists and medication can help.....for me , i think i need to find the right medication to calm me down , so far it's given me a lot of negative side effects.

as for therapist, my past ...i can't go back to it.
    i hope your anxiety lessens up (*hug*)
    im here if you need to vent even though im 16

9. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks.

Therapy has been great for me, but I can definitely see how it could be a problem if it doesn't go well. A lot of times I feel like he's just messing with me...lol. It is hard to open up to them, though. It took me months and months to talk about being gay. And, even now...I've been seeing him for a year and a half...we don't talk about it. It's just hard to trust.

I take a daily medication...which is really just sort of useless. But, my fast-acting stuff is my lifeline when this happens.

10. MerBear

your welcome and yeah , trust ...i know exactly what you mean. i personally wouldn't trust anyone i tell my feelings to unless i've known them for a long time and know they wont tell anyone else.

and the fast acting stuff is good. you never know when your going to need it.
    i can never talk to people face to face about my past or my sexual orientation because it's too difficult and i feel like they wont understand , unless they have been through the same thing i have. i like keeping things to myself sometimes but im learning , i have to open up about my past even though i hate it. i know it helps too but i'll only do if it doesn't come with a side of non stop question like counselors do

11. photoguy93

I'd really consider finding a therapist. Medication can work for some people. but keep in mind that the psychiatrists are about popping meds. That's it. If your triggers are people, work, etc....meds won't really help anything.

And you could easily have Panic Disorder, which means that you can have a panic attack whenever. You don't necessarily have to be worried.

12. Eletricalmonkss

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    OMG I'm on medication for anxiety and it really isn't doing much for me anymore.

13. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am diagnosed with panic disorder. My therapist has given me strategies to use when this happens. The problem is my panic attacks seem to come out of no where and come on fast...so it's hard to try something to stop one, ya know?

Yeah, my daily meds(Celexa) don't do much. It's my klonopin that does anything. But that stuff isn't a daily thing...too addictive. Anxiety is hard to get a hold on!!!

14. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

I find that when I have panic attacks, or come close to, if I just stop thinking about things, it'll slowly go away. I know that panic attacks, well, for me, are usually triggered by constant thoughts. If I stop the thoughts, I stop the panic. I try and either just sit still and either think about nothing, or think about other things that won't be problematic. I also try and do something to let everything out, like writing, drawing, listening to music, anything to get my mind off of panicking. Though there are times where I could be just sitting down, and I get one out of nowhere, and again, if that happens, I just rest, I lay down, I relax, and I hope that I don't get too bad.

15. Kgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hope you feel better now... I hate anxiety :/

16. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I do. I ended up having to take my klonopin. It does work well. Thanks. :slight_smile:

17. Eletricalmonkss

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Has anyone ever smoked weed for there anxiety before. Does it help?

18. photoguy93

That's Panic Disorder! You can't tell when it will happen. But distract yourself. Tell yourself you will be ok!!

19. Dynamite

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I know this post was made a week ago but calm down. I have constant panic attacks and OCD. I live alone and don't have any real friends that I can talk to but here is what I do when I feel the "I feel like I just drank 3 pots of coffee, can't sit down, and my mind is racing like a VCR on fast forward."

1.Turn off all lights(that includes the computer) and sounds.
    2.Go into the bathroom.
    3.Get a towel.
    4.No lights on.
    5.Run ice cold water and then put your head under the tub faucet.
    6.Make a cup of herbal or decaf tea.(Chamomile, flavored green tea, and Bigelow's peach tea are my favorites).

The cold water usually shocks me and the tea usually clears my mind. Go outside and just relax. 9 out of 10 times a neighbor I know is usually out and when we get talking(NEVER talk about panic. It just makes it worse. No offense) about random shit then I usually forget about the panic.

This may sound weird but don't go to those counseling places or the hospital for panic. All they will do is drug you up and make you feel worse in the crisis ward. Remember one thing....NOBODY EVER DIED OR WILL DIE FROM A PANIC ATTACK.

PS. Don't ever be afraid to send me a PM if you need to talk.

20. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have stress balls somewhere in my room they sometimes work but other times i listen to music and it sometimes calms me down, about 6 times out of 10