1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Medics for EC

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by TriBi, Mar 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TriBi

I would like to introduce everyone to two Medical Professionals who have agreed to help us at EC. :thumbsup:

KaraBulut is already here and has been posting, and oz_doc will be joining in very shortly.

Like most Medics, they have busy schedules, but both have committed to looking in here regularly and doing their best to answer any questions that are posted in the Health and Wellbeing Forum.

I would ask that everyone leave this thread for them to say 'Hi' - I am sure they will both be along soon to do so.

They may also wish to give an indication of what type of information might be useful to help them answer your questions - and will quite likely remind you, in their own words, that advice on an internet Forum may provide a guide, but is not a substitute for a consultation with your own doctor.

So, for promising to help, it just remains for me to say to them 'Thank You and Welcome' - and hope you both enjoy being a part of EmptyClosets. :icon_bigg

2. oz_doc

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey guys, oz_doc here.

Glad to join in what seems like a great community here. As a young gay doctor im keen to help you guys out with any advice or information that I can. Its important for everyone to understand right from outset that information you get on here from anyone no matter how accurate or sensible will never be as important as the one on one face to face advice you can get from your own doctor.

If however I can answer any questions you have or provide any support for health issues you might have or be interested in I am more than happy to do what I can safely and knowledgeably. Ill try to be non technical but one of the problems with web forums is it makes it much harder to get a feel for the level of understanding of the people your chatting with so if you ever dont understand something please ask.

Great to be here, look forward to helping out as much as my work roster and relationship can handle ;P

3. KaraBulut

Hi:

Many of you who are also members in ### may have seen me posting in the ### Health and Well-being forum. I'm glad to be joining with oz_doc to help in the Empty Closets Health and Well-being forum. Oz and I will also be helping in the Anonymous forum, too.

I read through many of the posts in this forum and I've seen that this is a community of people who care deeply about each other. I also read through many of Jayhew's posts and I know that many of you were very close to him and that he has made a big difference in your life. I know that these are very big shoes to fill.

There are no stupid questions when it comes to taking care of yourself and your health- I will answer any questions and concerns that you have frankly and honestly. There will be times that we will refer you to your doctor or to another healthcare professional because there is no substitute for the care that your own doctor can give you.

I'm glad to be here and I look forward to getting to know all of you.

-Kara

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Welcome both of you, and thank you for agreeing to help us here.

5. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.