1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facial hair

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Just Jess, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Just Jess

Hi everyone.

I don't know if there's a conversation about this already, but I wanted to ask you all about how to get rid of facial hair and conceal shadow. I'm not in a position right now where I can zap stuff off, and I'm allergic to wax. I have tried sugaring before but I'm pretty sure I did something wrong or didn't let it grow long enough; any success stories? Shaving + foundation works miracles, but only if I want to risk the curse of pizza face. I've toyed with the idea of using peroxide to bleach the roots but I don't know if that evil scheme would work.

2. IrisM

I usually just give myself a very very close shave and then put a light amount of makeup on to cover it. If there is a better way, I'd be interested.

3. DoriaN

I got laser since I hated waxing and shaving took too much time so I'm afraid I can't help =[

What Iris said is probably your best bet.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe I just have a baby-face, but a regular old razor by itself works very well. And if that fails, there's always Nair. :wink:

5. IrisM

If I could afford a waxing or a laser removal I so totally would get it. Being poor sucks. >.>

6. Just Jess

I've heard good and bad things about Nair, especially on the face. How long is too long? EDIT: I mean how long to keep it on your face before bad things happen, although while I'm thinking about it, how long should hair be before something like waxing/sugaring has any hope of success?

7. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably a laser

8. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Not long. An don't use chemicals like Veet or Nair that aren't designed for the face.

Leaving these on for too long will result in a chemical burn(which will never, ever, ever go away).

But honestly Nair, etc just doesn't work.

---------- Post added 24th Jan 2013 at 06:42 PM ----------

l would do the waxing. Hair is supposed to be 1/8 inch long.

l don't do waxing personally because l'vr had mishaps so be careful lol. But it will last longer.

9. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I have thick, dark hair that grows on my face, arms, legs and everywhere else (ah the curse of being Italian). I've had to shave lightly since age 13. I wish I could get a laser treatment for it.

But, yeah, I've waxed a few times and it keeps the hair from growing back quicker, obviously. That's my best bet and it works miracles but it's such a pain to do every 3 days.

10. -Michael-

Possibly look at straight razors and really look into shaving properly with them.

If you shaved properly, you can get a REALLY close shave, closer than any of those '10,000 blades for real close shave'

If you can't be bothered with learning the proper technique.
    Then just use more make-up to cover any 5 o'clock shadow

11. rabbit1

rabbit1 Guest

i use a normal razor. if you use good hot water, and let your facial hair, get soft from the water, then use hair shampoo instead of shaving cream it works alot better and will give you a closer shave. use that on my legs too, works great!!!

12. -Michael-

Best way is to use shaving scream, not foam.
    or even shaving soap.

Put i hot towel on your face and leave it there to open your pores.
    Using a shaving brush, lather the shaving cream into the bristles.
    going towards the grain, shave.
    Lather again.
    Shave away from grain.
    using a SMALL amount of moisturiser rubbed into your hands, lightly slap everywhere you've shaved to encourage blood flow and healing.

Place a cold damp towel on the face to close pores.

13. Just Jess

Y'all are the best, hot water is definitely the secret. I've been using this "shower cream" lotion and just shaving by touch in the shower. And I can even go against the grain without slicing my face up. I don't think I'll go back.