1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extreme diet change question!

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Divopix, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Divopix

For medical reasons, I've had to recently cut out sugar, gluten, dairy and anything else that may be bad for you. I basically can eat meat, fruits, and vegetables and rice and potatoes.

I never used to eat a lot, but for the past 2 days, I have been eating so much healthy food, it's insane. Today alone I ate 4 chicken breasts 4 things of rice and 4 salads along with 2 servings of ham and rice and another salad. I only drink water and I can drink 100% apple juice once a day. I've also had a few veggy snacks in between.

So I want to know, why am I eating so much! I would never eat this much of "shit food" a few days ago. I barely ate 1000 calories. Also, I'm having a hard time with out the sugar and I have bad headaches and a lot of sweating. The vegetables are also hurting my stomach.

Can someone explain to me why this is happening? I don't want to call my doctor and waste her time. Thank you. :kiss:

2. Bree

Whenever you change what you put into your body abruptly it will take a bit to adjust. When you cut out processed sugar and grain you will feel very hungry for several days, and will eat a lot of the foods you're allowing yourself, as your body will be looking for the cheap energy it's used to. You'll settle down after the withdrawal.

Certain vegetables hurt my stomach too--try eating them with the rice and meat instead of on their own. Look into alternatives to salad, which if mostly lettuce isn't that good for you anyways.

3. Divopix

So is it ok for me to be eating all these meats and vegetables? Will I gain weight from this?

4. Bree

No, because your eating habits should settle down within a week or so. If you're still eating a ton afterwards maybe try to cut down. Also remember that healthy foods aren't as fattening as cheap foods, calorie for calorie.

5. Divopix

I am used to eating a lot of cheap foods. Lots of cereals and nachos and pizza, haha.

Thank you very much!

6. photoguy93

Yeah, it will take some adjustment time. Secondly, your body will learn to live like this. I ate a lot of crap and drank a lot of pop. I cut back this past summer, and noticed that I just felt like I would "bottom out" really quickly. So keep snacks around. And if you ever slip up and eat something "bad" someday...it will not be like the good old days. It's our bodies way of saying "NOT THIS AGAIN!!"

Oh, and with the veggies - you'll probably be getting more fiber, so you'll have different bathroom habits, if you catch my drift. Actually, everyone should be better.