1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shoulder Blade Pain Prevention?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Cecil, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Cecil

So I am an artist who works with my hands a LOT working on different projects all the time and I easily can spend 3-6 hours just working. Sadly I started working so much that I get deep pains in and just below my right shoulder blade and spine. I generally exersize to work out the pain the next day and take a few days off from working on projects but once I start working full time I can't just stop working. Got to pay the bills somehow!

So does anyone have any pain prevention ideas or ways to work the pain out? I feel to embarrassed to ask friends to give me a quick massage (eventhough I'm always giving them to one friend XP ) so best to keep that one out. Also I can take pain pills but I'm soo sensitive to meds that they can make me drowsy.

2. TraceElement

Stretch daily. Toe touches, sholder shrugging, and and arm circles should help. Try doing them 2 times a day... more if needed.

3. Cecil

Thank you. I will give it a try!

4. kc1895

Your back could be out of alignment which could be causing you the pain. Having a bad posture for a long period of time can also be a trigger. I have chronic shoulder/neck pain on my right side which is prolly caused by overuse/excertion. I saw a chiro and physical therapist before, but what helped the most is just rest and to stop aggravating it.

5. Cecil

I may have it slightly out of alignment but not much I can do in terms of seeing a chiropractor. Can't afford it.