1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone had acne scar removal by laser?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by ChandlerCurious, Jan 25, 2013.

1. ChandlerCurious

Hi All,

I had severe acne as a teen which left me with scarring on my back and chest. I am contemplating getting laser treatments for this but I was just curious if anyone here has done this and how successful it was. It is extremely expensive so before investing the money I want to make sure it is worth the cost.

Thanks!:icon_wink

2. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    l haven't had those but what kind of acne scars do you mean/. Red or actually indented in the skin?

3. ChandlerCurious

Not red so much anymore but there are bumps/marks on my skin.

4. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    hmmm. l have slightly indented "ice pick" scars from acne. l use at home TCA peels, which are also offered in a derm's office for like 3-5K lol. Very cheap at home and could be done on the body.

There's a "down time" because they make your face really unbearable looking while you "peel" but under clothes it wouldn't be an issue.

so it's one option to look into but if l could actually afford laser treatments l might do that lol.

5. Acobi

Acobi Guest

I have considered laser removal. I have light "scarring" or really discoloration from my acne. I went through the whole acutane deal so I'm mostly clear and no longer break out. My dermatologist HIGHLY recommended not to consider laser removal until you are free from breaking out--that is no more new pimples or acne appearing. Otherwise you may get the scars removed but a new break out in the area could cause additional scarring.

6. ChandlerCurious

Thanks for the tip....I think I may order this and give it a try :thumbsup:

7. Rexmond

I've seen it on Embarrasing Bodies before, and the results were fantastic.