1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMI health question; expert answer please

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by PurpleCrab, Feb 3, 2013.

1. PurpleCrab

Hi!
    I've discovered a few days ago that, for the first time in my life, my hemorrhoid veins are swollen (puffed). It doesn't hurt and it doesn't bleed so I don't think it's worth consulting a doctor for that, but I'd still like to get some advice as how to go about it and what not to do.
    Basically, all that happens there for me are regular soft easy feces out everyday, and very gentle sodomy about twice a month with lots of lube. Nothing else. Oh and basic hygiene, of course.

I've heard that hemorrhoids can become really painful and may blow and get infected, how do I do to avoid that?

Also, is there a way/chance that the problem solves itself and that it returns to how it was before? Is there tips I should know to help it?

Thanks for any knowledgeable answer!

2. KaraBulut

There's an old thread that should give you the information on caring for them:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/anonymous-discussions/61537-hemorrhiod.html#post1051836

Most the time they will resolve on their own as long as you don't re-injure the area. There is a population of people who have a genetic predisposition to them (similar to varicose veins in the legs). In this case, they can be chronic and may require surgery but that is the exception.